Tufts Hillel seeks an enthusiastic, highly organized professional with exceptional communication skills to serve as our Administrative Coordinator. The Coordinator is an integral member of the Tufts Hillel staff and will actively impact many critical, behind the scenes aspects of running our $1.4M+ organization. They serve as the “right hand” to both the Director of Operations and Director of Development, assisting in key aspects of the financial, operations, and donor management functions of our Hillel.
In addition to providing administrative support which includes activities such as:
the Coordinator will, for example:
- hire, supervise, and train student front desk workers and student data interns,
- welcome and assist visitors (in person, by phone and email),
- troubleshoot problems,
- assist with event logistics and,
- serve as the vendor liaison for email and mail communications.
The Coordinator will frequently interact with Hillel staff, students, donors, outside vendors and, members of the wider Tufts University community. They will routinely work with confidential information and will need to exercise discretion at all times. This role is an excellent opportunity for an individual looking to develop project management, executive management, and leadership skills in a small, vibrant organization.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- High school diploma/GED and 2-4 years of work experience or college degree and 1-3 years work experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Word and Excel.
- Experience with CRM software or complex database.
- Demonstratable ability to manage concurrent activities, work under pressure and be adaptable to changing priorities.
- Interest in advancing the Tufts Hillel mission.
Additional Preferred Experience
- Knowledge of the Jewish community and Jewish practices.
What You’ll Get Out of It
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave.
- Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace. The salary range for this role is $45,000 to $55,000.
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities.
- A network of terrific Hillel colleagues.
About Tufts Hillel
Tufts Hillel, a private, not-for-profit organization, is the hub of Jewish life at Tufts University. Recognized for its innovative approaches to engaging students in meaningful Jewish experiences, Tufts Hillel serves all Tufts students through community service projects, social events, social justice programs, learning and religious activities. For more information, please visit www.hillel.tufts.edu
About Tufts University
Founded in 1852, Tufts is a top-tier student-centered research university dedicated to the creation and application of knowledge. It is committed to providing transformative experiences for students and faculty in an inclusive and collaborative environment where creative scholars generate bold ideas, innovate in the face of complex challenges, and distinguish themselves as active citizens of the world.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.