Columbia/Barnard Hillel is seeking an organized, detail oriented, and friendly professional to serve as our Office Manager. As the first person to interact with people calling, emailing and visiting the Kraft Center, the Office Manager will make a tremendous impact on the lives of the thousands of Jewish undergraduate and graduate students at Columbia and Barnard.
The Office Manager is a key member of the Columbia/Barnard Hillel team, working across our Student Life, Development, and Operations teams to ensure engaging, efficient, and accurate task completion.
The Office Manager works in person at the Kraft Center, located in Morningside Heights. Start date is flexible.
What You’ll Do
- First Point of Contact: Serve as the first point of contact for many of our students and friends. Direct those who call, email, or visit the Kraft Center to the right person on our team.
- Financial Systems and Purchasing: Oversee purchasing for our staff and student leaders. Manage the Hillel credit card, create systems for ensuring proper tracking of expenses through Expensify, and work closely with our bookkeeper to process reimbursements and invoices.
- Catering: Liaise with our caterer, contracted wait staff, and local restaurants to ensure food deliveries and service are executed efficiently and correctly.
- Website & Building: Work on the back end of our website to create forms and oversee calendar requests to keep our programming and building running smoothly. Liaise with our building facilities team about set up and other facilities needs.
- Administrative Support: Provide administrative support as needed to the Executive Director. Responsibilities may include assisting with expense reports, booking travel, and organizing meetings.
What You’ve Accomplished
College degree, some experience with office work a plus
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Commitment to excellence and seeing tasks through to completion
- Comfort working with a large team and ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
What You’ll Receive
- Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace. The salary range for this role is $50,000-$54,000, commensurate with experience.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities
- Dedicated and fun colleagues who will support you along the way
About Columbia/Barnard Hillel
Columbia/Barnard Hillel is an exciting, fast-paced, intellectually rigorous work environment. We are a high energy, dedicated team of professionals committed to enriching the Jewish experience of our students. Columbia/Barnard Hillel serves the undergraduate and graduate Jewish communities of Columbia University, Barnard College, and The Jewish Theological Seminary. There is a large and very active Jewish community based in the Kraft Center for Jewish Student Life and around campus.
Columbia/Barnard Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.