The Jewish Federation in the Heart of New Jersey is seeking a creative, dynamic collaborator to join its energetic team as a Philanthropic Development Associate. This person will provide support for annual campaign and other fundraising and development efforts, and public-facing communications pertaining to the organization as a whole. This position requires passion for our mission, enthusiasm, excellent organizational abilities and computer skills, creativity, good humor and a goal-focused outlook. The ideal candidate will have exceptional interpersonal communication abilities and be able to successfully nurture mutually beneficial relationships.
Reporting to the Director of Financial Resource Development (FRD) , the Development Associate will implement a comprehensive and strategic FRD plan designed to expand the annual campaign and overall communal philanthropic capacity of the Jewish community, as well as enhance the organization’s public communications efforts.
The successful candidate will support efforts to develop, cultivate, and manage donors; support volunteer workers; assure adherence to Campaign time schedules; and maintain a database of donors and prospects. This person will be a team player with a strong sense of purpose, initiative, commitment and personal responsibility. This position is a hands-on role which will require confidence, flexibility, good time management, confidentiality, and the ability to be persistent and strategic when often juggling multiple tasks.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
In partnership with the Executive Director, Chief Communications Officer, Federation team, Campaign Chair, and volunteer committees, the Development Associate will support all Financial Resource Development (FRD) and communications operations. This person will:
- Participate in the recruitment, training, support, motivation and empowerment of campaign volunteers
- Assist in planning, organizing, implementing and staffing of events and/or special projects in support of FRD priorities and community engagement
- Become a leader within the organization in utilizing the donor database to produce clear development-related reports, and assess and update donor-related data
- Assist with donor acknowledgement and recognition efforts
- Support the development and management of marketing materials for cohesive public-facing communications pertaining to all facets of the organization, including social and print media
- Support coordination and implementation of online, direct mail, and one-to-one fundraising efforts
- Support efforts to secure corporate sponsorships and external foundation grants
- Promote the mission of Federation at all times through superior customer service to all and through the efficient use of and care for all resources.
- Work closely with other staff to plan, implement, and staff Federation events and programs as needed (occasional evenings and Sundays)
- Serve as an ambassador of the Federation and foster positive professional relationships with Federation and agency colleagues
- Attend weekly staff meetings, community events as needed, and professional development seminars and conferences as needed
Competencies and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum one to three years of fundraising, volunteer management or related professional related experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented and possessing excellent strategies for and persistence with follow-up
- Comfort learning and using new technology
- Knowledge of Jewish community a plus
- Entrepreneurial self-starter, creative thinker and team player with excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, the ability to handle multiple tasks and meticulous attention to detail and follow-up
Federation employees work in the office based at the Jewish Federation in the Heart of New Jersey on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday. Remote work is an option on Mondays & Fridays.