Adas Israel Congregation, a Conservative synagogue in the heart of Washington, D.C. serving over 1700 families, is seeking a dynamic and engaging Director to oversee our supplemental education and school settings. The Education Department at Adas Israel is proud to serve our diverse family community from birth through college. We are home to a number of different school experiences, programs, Shabbat and holiday services, family learning, and youth groups to encourage our children and their grownups to engage in meaningful, communal experiences throughout the course of the year.
The Estelle and Melvin Gelman Religious School, our Hebrew Department, and Ma’alot, our learning experience for middle and high school students, are integral parts of the congregation, serving over 500 students. Our programs seek to provide an education designed to inspire our students to lead their lives as identified, committed Jews and ethical human beings. Our purpose is to instill Jewish values and a sense of pride in our students for their Jewish heritage, customs, language, and traditions by creating a learning environment that is warm, challenging, and enticing.
The Director of Schools, K-12 is a full-time position that reports to the rabbi who serves as the Director of Youth and Family Education. They will work to create, implement, and facilitate school structures for our students in PreK-12th grade. This position requires working outside of standard business hours, including Tuesday and Wednesday evenings and Sundays.
• Supervision of Education Team staff members, including Assistant Director, Administrator, and full time educators
• Curriculum review, development, and implementation
• Coordinating tefillah experiences and school-wide programming for holidays
• Communication with families, parents, and teachers
• Connecting with colleagues and other local institutions and organizations, such as the Education Director’s Council
• Professional development, supervision, and support for teachers
• Staffing of the supplemental school programs, on-site supervision during school hours
• Oversight of budget, calendar, and registration for the school
Salary range: $80,000 - $90,000 plus benefits including health, dental, vacation, and more.
Experience in Jewish Education and School Administration required.
Please send resume and cover letter to Rabbi Kerrith Solomon, [email protected]