Early Childhood Center Teacher
Kehillat Israel Reconstructionist Congregation of Pacific Palisades is seeking a dynamic, innovative, and collaborative preschool teacher to join our growing Molly Steinsapir Early Childhood Center (ECC) beginning as soon as possible.
Our school is inspired by a combination of emergent, constructivist, and Reggio Emilia philosophies, with a heavy emphasis on the Outdoor Classroom model and our Jewish values and traditions driving our curriculum and culture. In everything we do, we strive to engage the interests and skills of each individual child.
We seek educators who provide nurturing guidance through modeling and essential teacher-student relationships. This is possible when teachers get to know their students, care about them, and see them as individuals. Every teacher is an integral part of our staff.
- Observes all rules and regulations set by the Director, the local, state or national regulatory agencies
- Provides overall supervision of, and safety for, young children between 18-months and 5-years old
- Assesses each child's developmental needs
- Possesses strong organizational and communication skills
- Works well as part of a team
- Energetic, creative, responsible, flexible and loves children!
- Meets all requirements of the child care regulatory agency, including and credentials for early childhood education
- Previous preschool teaching experience preferred
- Has knowledge of the social and emotional needs of young children
- Has a positive approach to work and collaborating with colleagues
- Candidate is required to be fully vaccinated (barring a legally valid exemption and subject to a determination of whether KI can accommodate an exemption for the position).
- 8:15 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., Monday-Friday, starting as soon as possible
- Between $22.00 - $32.00 per hour depending on education and/or experience
Competitive employee benefits include participation in a group health, dental and vision insurance plans, ability to participate in our 403b retirement plan, paid vacation, paid sick leave, paid holidays each subject to the terms and conditions of plan documents and KI policies.
Kehillat Israel is an inclusive Jewish community, which honors diverse religious and spiritual backgrounds. Guided by the Reconstructionist principle to value both the wisdom of the past and the need for evolving belief and practice, KI seeks to create a sacred space in which its members of all ages find meaning, purpose, and joy.
Please include your resume (including which age groups you have taught in the past) and 2 professional references. Resumes and references should be emailed to ECC Director Alana Levitt- [email protected]