Golda Och Academy (GOA), recognized as one of the top Jewish day schools in the country, is a vibrant learning community that focuses on the individual intellectual, social, and spiritual needs of each child. We cultivate in students a lifelong love of learning within the context of Jewish knowledge and heritage. Our school is located on two campuses — one for the Lower School and one for the Upper School — located about two miles apart in West Orange, serving approximately 425 students from more than 60 communities across New Jersey.
Golda Och Academy is accepting applications for an individual to join our school for the 2023-2024 school year as an Israel Educator. This is a full time position.
The Jewish and Israel Educator is responsible for initiating, facilitating and supervising Israel related programming for GOA students from Pre-K to High School.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Building work schedules for both campuses for in-class activities and out of class activities.
- Working as a mentor and a supervisor for Rishonim with focus on educational plans, content and creativity.
- Bringing Rishonim’s work into the school community through clubs, student life activities and their initiatives.
- Supervise clubs, teach their classes when Rishonim are away, and support faculty who work with Rishonim.
Naale and Neshama
- Planning all aspects of the student and parent preparation for Naale and Neshama: purchasing flight tickets, pre-trip meetings, orientation for Neshama, ongoing communication with parents during the trips, following up registration forms and all documentation needed.
- Recruiting Naale Chaperones
- Communicating with our Director in Israel, for student details, information regarding health and emotional needs before and during the trips.
- Organize and lead Naale Orientation.
- Chaperoning the group to the airport and welcoming them back to ensure safe departure and arrival.
- Coordinate and plan all Israel related commemoration, celebration days and work in collaboration with the Experiential team on all related activities to infuse Israel as part of events.
- Teach an Israel course for Middle School and/or High School
- Take an active role in rebuilding the partnership with the Merchavim region on campus.
Successful Candidates will Possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of experience in related roles
- Fluent in Hebrew and English - both reading and writing
- Familiarity with the world of Israel Education
- Knowledge of Israeli history, current events and culture
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Ability to motivate people
- Ability to work under pressure managing many projects at once.
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions quickly and creatively, ability to learn from mistakes and self correct.
- Good communication skills
This position requires responsibilities beyond regular school hours/days as well as traveling to Israel to visit Neshama and deepen connections with our partnership.
Golda Och Academy is a an inclusive community and makes all employment decisions without regard for an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, national origin, nationality, sex, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability (including AIDS and HIV related illness), genetic information, refusal to provide genetic information, refusal to submit to genetic testing, ancestry, familial status, marital status, domestic partnership status, civil union status, atypical cellular or blood trait, military service, application for military service, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
The School conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Eligible employees receive a competitive benefit package that includes health insurance coverage, paid leave and retirement plan options and many other valuable programs