ZOA Campus Coordinator – Southeast Region Region
Since its founding in 1897, the Zionist Organization of America has been stalwartly defending the Jewish people and the Jewish State. As the oldest pro-Israel organization in the United States, the ZOA prides itself on presenting the facts and facilitating education on critical issues such as terrorism, incitement, media bias, and the rise of global anti-Semitism. The organization also plays a leading role in lobbying for Israel in Congress and promoting the legal rights of Zionist activists across the country. The following are examples of core issues that the ZOA stands for:
- Fighting global anti-Semitism and incitement against Jews and Israelis
- Rallying strong support for Israel in the United States
- A free, undivided, and safe Jerusalem for all people of all faiths
- The Jewish people’s legal rights in the State of Israel, including Judea and Samaria
- Defending Israel and the Jewish people from strategic threats and terrorism
The ZOA's Campus Department maintains a large activism network, connecting college students of all backgrounds to Israel in greater depth. The ZOA Campus department is focused on combating the growing anti-Israel climate on colleges and universities and organizing educational initiatives. ZOA Campus hosts flagship programs such as the ZOA Student Leadership Mission to Israel, the ZOA Campus Fellowship, ZOA Summer Internship, and many more, which are open to all and provide dynamic educational experiences.
- Empowering pro-Israel students, campus professionals, and experts to advance Israel
- advocacy and fight antisemitism.
- Visiting campuses throughout the region to meet with student leaders, facilitate pro-Israel events, and counter anti-Israel activity. Travel is required for this position. This includes occasional travel during the weekend and in some cases to Israel.
- Leading events in-person on campus and in virtual spaces to educate students about Zionism and key issues facing the Jewish This involves creating programming and leading in-depth discussions about Israel.
- Coordinating grant requests and event logistics with student leaders and professional partners to provide Zionist students with the necessary campus resources.
- Creating original programs and effective content which help promote Israel and Zionism including presentations, fact sheets, informational graphics, flyers, and more.
- Spearheading social media campaigns and organizing online outreach efforts in partnership with ZOA Campus social media.
- Recruiting for ZOA Campus initiatives such as the Campus Fellowship, Student Leadership Mission to Israel, the Summer Internship, the Annual Gala Dinner, and the Annual Lobbying Mission in Washington, D.C
- Representing ZOA Campus at various conferences and meetings within the pro-Israel
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of the State of Israel, the Middle East, including the strategic and geopolitical complexities of the region, and wider issues facing the Jewish people
- Experience in public speaking and a familiarity with the larger academic environment on American college campuses
- Proactive involvement in communal Israel advocacy and campus activism
- Prior experience with program planning, recruitment, and campus leadership
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, and manage multiple projects at once
- Prior work, travel, or living experience in Israel is beneficial
Salary: Competitive salary within the field
Benefits: Paid vacation, sick leave, medical insurance, retirement plans, paid Jewish and Federal holidays
Preferred Experience: Entry Level – 3 years of experience (including informal and student experience)
Must be based out of South or Central Florida
Application Instructions: Please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to [email protected]