Congregation Shaarey Zedek is a center of the Detroit Jewish community and a leading voice in Conservative Judaism for more than 150 years. We offer a blend of traditional Judaism with an evolving and contemporary approach to Jewish life. We are currently looking for a part-time marketing assistant on a contractor basis to support and grow our daily social media and copywriting efforts.
Duties will include brainstorming and creating social media content, supporting the Programming and Marketing department through cross-platform event promotion, planning and writing posts, or posts in a series, writing post-event copy for social media posts, and creating and proofing marketing copy.
Social Media Coordinator Job Responsibilities:
- Execute a results-driven social media strategy.
- Develop and curate engaging content for social media platforms.
- Assist in the creation and editing of written, video, and photo content.
- Attend events and produce social media content.
- Maintain unified brand voice across different social media channels.
- Collaborate with marketing team to create a social media calendar.
- Monitor social media channels for industry trends.
- Interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments.
- Review analytics and create reports on key metrics.
- Collaborating with our graphic designer to adapt existing event and branding designs for social media purposes.
Work Hours & Benefits 12-15 hours per week. Compensation to be discussed.
Social Media Coordinator Qualifications / Skills:
- Passion for social media and proficiency with major social media platforms and social media management tools
- Proficiency with video and photo editing tools, digital media formats, and HTML
- Excellent social listening skills
- Ability to understand historical, current, and future trends in the digital content and social media space
- Strong copywriting and copy-editing skills
- Top-notch oral and verbal communication skills
- Time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Detail-oriented approach with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 1-3 years experience with B2C social media marketing or content development
- Direct experience using social media management tools
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Premier Pro) or equivalent digital media editing tools a plus
Please apply at [email protected]. No phone calls, please.