The Temple Beth Am Youth Coordinator shall serve as the professional responsible for implementing social, religious and cultural, formal, informal and experiential educational programming for kids and teens in grades K – 12th, supervise all youth groups, plan and manage all overnights and youth trips, represent and advocate for the youth in all capacities at Temple Beth Am, and work closely with the Director of Lifelong Learning to enrich Religious School and Monday Night CHAI with meaningful, engaging Judaic programming and youth activities. The candidate should lead an exemplary Jewish life, serving as a role model through active participation in congregational events and projects as well as foster involvement in Jewish life among teens.
The Youth Coordinator will serve in a variety of capacities:
Roles and Responsibilities Overview:
- Guide teen leaders in implementing peer-led programs at weekly BAFTY sessions.
- Develop positive relationships with TYG members, providing guidance and support for their concerns.
- Collaborate with various temple bodies to integrate youth into all facets of temple life.
- Assist teens in adhering to group by-laws, maintaining policies, and guiding leadership elections.
- Supervise both on-campus and off-campus youth group activities, empowering teens in program creation and leadership.
- Offer formal and informal educational programs for 7th-12th graders.
- Supervise the Madrichim program focusing on leadership training.
- Structure a well-rounded program covering social, cultural, educational, worship, and social justice aspects.
- Teach in the Monday Night CHAI School and educate congregation members on teen development and activities.
- Facilitate the BAFTY program’s weekly programming and creating accessible entry points for teens not currently involved.
- Create and promote programming using various communication methods.
- Supervise, coach, and mentor youth advisors in program planning and implementation.
- Collaborate with the Director of Lifelong Learning to create and achieve youth goals.
- Handle budgeting while overseeing fundraising youth events.
- Ensure clear communication among temple departments and work on the future vision of youth programs.
- Organizing the College Connection care packets.
- Encourage and facilitate teen participation in regional and national events.
- Promote involvement in local and national Jewish experiences and social action events.
- Collaborate with various local youth groups, community events, and organizations to create opportunities for teens city-wide.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year