AIPAC’s mission is to encourage and persuade the U.S. government to enact specific policies that create a strong, enduring and mutually beneficial relationship with our ally Israel. Our focus is clear: We come to work every day motivated to keep America strong and Israel secure.
Our San Francisco office is looking for a Regional Director who will lead AIPAC’s work in the Pacific Northwest region. The Regional Director is principally responsible for setting the vision and strategy to ensure the successful achievement of AIPAC’s annual campaign goals and political fundraising, as well as management and coaching of the staff. As the top professional staff member in the region, the Regional Director must be able to consistently develop and cultivate new major investors for the organization, as well as ensure the successful implementation of AIPAC’s goals and objectives. In addition, the Regional Director gives advice to senior management regarding strategic issues affecting the organization.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, direct and evaluate the region’s performance and success.
- Create and oversee annual development goals and progress.
- Develop solicitation strategies and implement campaigns aligned with national and regional goals.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit a portfolio of major and planned giving donors.
- Maintain regular contact with major donors/activists.
- Oversee annual budget process.
- Raise visibility of the organization through public speaking opportunities.
- Continually evaluate employees and help give them the training and feedback so that they may become even more effective staff members.
- Recruit for annual national events and donor missions to Israel.
- Must have effective working relationships with other regional directors and Washington department heads.
- Provide motivation for regional staff.
- Travel throughout the Pacific Northwest region.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Deep knowledge of, and passion for, Israel as well as strengthening the U.S.-Israel relationship.
- Effective communicator and strategic thinker.
- At least 10-15 years of experience in donor cultivation, major gift solicitations, political fundraising and leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, train and develop staff.
- Successful at building relationships with lay leadership and political leaders.
- Comfortable and effective in public speaking and networking.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a demanding environment with the ability to quickly adjust to changing conditions.
- Experience with budget implementation and creation.
- Knowledgeable about current U.S. and Israel political climate.
- Knowledge of Jewish communal organizations and structure.
AIPAC offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package that contributes to employees overall total compensation package. We are currently working remotely two days a week and, in our offices, the other three. AIPAC is an equal opportunity employer.
- Please provide a cover letter with a resume to be considered. Incomplete applications with missing documentation will not be considered.
- In states, where permissible, AIPAC requires employees to be vaccinated against COVID 19 and will consider accommodations for religious and medical exemptions.
- If applying for more than one position please use the 'Attachment' function to attach a position-specific cover letter.
- Please use your legal names when completing the employment application (No nicknames).