Congregation Emanu-El of the City of New York
Department of Lifelong Learning
Youth Learning and Engagement Advisor: Calling Generations
Congregation Emanu-El, the first Reform congregation in New York City, seeks to hire a part-time Youth Learning and Engagement Advisor for its department of Lifelong Learning. The work of this department is to transform and revolutionize the congregation’s educational programs, including its Religious School, holiday celebrations, youth and adult education programs. Visit our website at www.emanuelnyc.org to learn more about our congregation, our educational vision, and the programs we offer.
The Youth Learning and Engagement Advisor: Calling Generations works directly with teens in our 8th-12 grades, facilitating the planning and execution of formal and informal learning experiences for students and their parents, families and friends. The Calling Generations Project brings teens and seniors together through weekly voice conversations. The advisor will coordinate the process and coach the teens through the process. The work of the Youth Learning and Engagement Advisor: Calling Generations is supported and supervised by our Assistant Director of Lifelong Learning.
The Youth Learning and Engagement Advisor: Calling Generations will:
- Recruit new students into our youth programs, and support their participation, retention, and achievement.
- Work closely with the teen leaders and participants of Calling Generations which helps teens each form an ongoing relationship with an adult member of Emanu-El through weekly phone calls (8th-12th grade) and to facilitate their successes.
- Serve as a mentor to young people in our community.
The ideal candidate:
- Brings new ideas and the ability to implement them.
- Has both formal and informal educational experience.
- Is a team player, working collaboratively with clergy, school faculty and parents.
- Has excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Effectively sets priorities and manages multiple tasks.
- Is achievement-oriented, passionate, fun, disciplined, and responsible.
This is a challenging position that brings with it tremendous opportunity for achievement. We seek reflective practitioners who are committed to professional growth and who are able to share a love for learning and of Judaism with all members of our synagogue community.
This is a part-time position, whose schedule during the school year includes evening meetings with teens. Evening, weekend and holiday work may be required on an occasional basis throughout the academic year. The ideal starting date is September 1, 2022. Salary is based on experience. The Youth Learning and Engagement Advisor: Calling Generations will report to and be supervised by the Assistant Director of Lifelong Learning. For more information about the position, or to apply, please send a cover letter and resume to the Office of Lifelong Learning at [email protected].