Title: Senior Marketing Manager
Employment Status: Full-time, exempt
Reports To: Executive Director
Location: Remote, US-based
Salary range: $70,000-$85,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications; comprehensive benefits package
Custom & Craft’s mission is to revolutionize home-based Jewish rituals, empowering individuals to craft diverse, unique experiences by offering accessible, easy-to-use, and sophisticated design tools. Our small but mighty team is passionate about building a world abounding with people who are connected, community-minded, and empathetic. We are at an exciting stage in our organization’s evolution, looking to substantially grow our programmatic footprint beyond our existing sites, Haggadot.com & [email protected], to reach all aspects of Jewish life and DIY rituals. To accomplish our goals, we are building out our network, designing and piloting exciting new online tools, and seeking to grow our team with more people who share our values of Caring, Questioning, Creating, Collaborating, and Celebrating.
About the Role
Custom & Craft is in search of a Senior Marketing Manager. This position will report to and work closely with the Executive Director and will collaborate with the Director of Partnerships & Content and the Director of Product. The Senior Marketing Manager will conceptualize and implement seasonal marketing campaigns to grow our audience and increase engagement and retention with our platforms. They will ensure our brand consistency and visibility across a variety of targeted audiences and channels, including email marketing, social media and paid advertising, and must be comfortable working with specialized consultants as needed to optimize these efforts.
This is a full-time position that is US-flexible with required availability between 9 am and 1 pm Eastern M-Th as well as flexible hours to collaborate with partners in Europe.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop & communicate the marketing plan with the team to ensure alignment with organizational goals
- Coordinate marketing projects from beginning to end with an attention to detail
- Manage a roster of reliable external consultants to optimize ROAS in display advertising, adwords and social media advertising
- Lead our email marketing strategy and drip marketing campaigns, writing content, segmenting audiences, and analyzing results for best performance
- Manage social media channels to grow our audience and drive engagement, experimenting with new formats on Instagram and TikTok
- Maximize website performance on Google, track keyword rankings, and implement SEO strategies
- Measure performance of content in Google Analytics & Google Tag Manager, making recommendations to the editorial team on top performing keywords
- Coordinate with branding agency & freelance designers to ensure brand standards in all marketing graphics and collateral
- Help develop creative briefs and guide creative direction to meet objectives for all advertising and public-facing communications, including print, digital, and video assets
- Identify effectiveness and impact of current marketing initiatives with tracking and analysis, and appropriate optimization
To be maximally successful in this role, you need to be:
- A born project manager with a knack for working backwards from a deadline to create a work plan
- Accustomed to working on multiple projects with different deadlines simultaneously
- A succinct and directive communicator
- A natural information-sharer so that everyone is always looped in
- A fanatic for follow-up so that you get what you need, when you need it
- A strong self-motivator
- Willingness to engage in continuous learning and training
- Experience with marketing automation and CRM tools, preferably Salesforce
You need to have:
- 3-6 years of marketing experience
- Knowledge and experience with Jewish traditions preferred
- Metrics-driven marketing mind with eye for creativity
- Proven success in developing marketing plans and campaigns
- Superb verbal and written communication skills, with experience tailoring messages to suit intended audiences and compelling readers to act
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and plan work activities across multiple projects, use time efficiently, follow instructions, and respond to management direction
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment, and to evolve strategy based on research, data and industry trends
- Ability to analyze and use data and metrics to shape goals, strategies, and tactics
- Knowledge of marketing-related practices, including advertising, market research, technology and budgeting
We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion and accountability. We are an equal opportunity employer and recruit, hire, train, promote, compensate, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, culture, age, creed, disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Senior Marketing Manager” and your name in the subject line.