The American Technion Society (ATS) supports visionary education and world-changing impact through the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology. Based in New York City, it represents thousands of US donors, alumni, and stakeholders who invest in the Technion’s growth and innovation to advance critical research and technologies that serve the State of Israel and the global good. ATS employs a staff of 60+ that work from New York and in regional offices across the United States. This is a hybrid role in NYC.
The Editor & Writer will report directly to the Director of Communications and is responsible for writing digital and print content to help bring to life, and to light, the stories of the Technion and the American Technion Society. The Writer and Editor will develop content for magazines, brochures, annual reports, the website, digital campaigns, emails, and other channels that drive brand awareness, donations, event registration, and supporter engagement.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
Content Creation: 45%
- Responsible for adapting and developing news stories and website content
- Provide ideas and input for determining stories
Writing for Internal Audiences: 45%
- Responsibilities include email newsletters, event booklet content, backgrounders, reports, speaker bios, event invitation copy, cover letters, Technion USA magazine, appeal letters, seasonal appeals, etc.
Research/Information Checking 10%
- Ensure accuracy of facts, statistics, and information background used in all content
- Create webpages for news articles linked from social media
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, English, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience
- Experience writing about science a plus
- Ability to write about complicated subjects in a way that is understandable to lay audiences
- Strong verbal, writing, and creative skills
- Understanding of public relations and media industries
- Ability to work well with varying levels of management while exercising independent decision-making and discretion
- Ability to set priorities and work with diplomacy and efficiency in a high demand environment
- Passion for excellent customer service and commitment to exceptional work quality
- A commitment to the vison and mission of ATS
Salary Range: $70,000-$85,000 plus Benefits (Medical, Dental, PTO, Sick time)
This job is Part Time, 3.5 days per week.
Have we described a role that you have been seeking, along with a set of skills you possess? If so, we’d like to hear from you immediately. Please forward your resume to [email protected]
We’re OperationsInc, a Human Resources Outsourcing and Consulting firm. Since 2001, OperationsInc has been supporting a base of over 1,400 clients with their diverse and evolving HR needs. Our client is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/H/V