About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
Visit our career site to learn more: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
In this very collaborative and high energy position, the Events Executive plays a key role on the Westchester Team and is viewed as a strategic partner for producing events (virtual, hybrid and in person) for the organization. This person will work successfully across the department as well as with outside vendors and organizations to assist on fundraising events, volunteer experiences and high visibility Westchester initiatives/events during the campaign year.
· Develops and maintains comprehensive event project plans and timelines in consultation with internal and external partners, making sure all parties understand what is expected of them and provides a framework for ongoing accountability connected to timelines and deliverables.
· Ensures meaningful volunteer experiences at various sites throughout Westchester and the UJA network.
· Oversees and manages the RFP process for special projects as assigned.
· Follows internal organizational procedures including requesting RFPs, processing of vendor contracts and payments
· Coordinates and contracts with event related vendors including: venues, caterers, photographers, AV/event production services and more.
· Maintains high quality relationships with existing vendors, and researches new ones who can provide cost effective and creative services and that meet organizational standards
· Work with fundraisers to ensure the production of high-quality digital event journals thru the journal ad system. Will manage the process for printed journals as needed
· Ensure the appropriate fundraising team members are trained on JAS
· Attends committee and honoree meetings as needed
· Maintains accurate event information and post event analytics
· Works to create positive, productive relationships across UJA, with an emphasis on the key cross functional teams: fundraising, marketing, AV, legal and more.
· Takes initiative to stay current with key industry news and trends and shares with the team and colleagues
· Works events (including evenings) as assigned either as the Event Team Lead or in a supporting role.
· Handles a variety of special tasks as assigned by the director
Competencies & Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree required.
· Three to five years related work experience in: event planning or production, project management or hospitality management.
· Excellent interpersonal skills. Able to work effectively and flexibly with all internal partners and outside vendors
· Must be team player demonstrating flexibility, possesses a positive attitude and is customer service minded
· Ability to synthesize plans and solutions while working in a dynamic, problem-solving environment.
· Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Exceptionally strong organizational/follow-up skills; must be able to multi-task, and work calmly under pressure/tight deadlines
· Proactive team player, displays interest in staying current in industry trends
· Negotiation experience with event related vendors
· Familiarity with Westchester event venues is a plus
· Must be able to travel to meetings, site visits, and events.
· Is available to work early mornings and evenings as necessary.
· Strong knowledge of suite of Microsoft products including Outlook, Excel, Word, Internet Research, Zoom and other virtual event platforms.
· Eager to learn new systems upon which the team rely, including: JAS, Journal Ad Software, Flowpaper, Social Tables and Checkin Tech
· Knowledge of video production and digital publishing a plus
How to Apply:
Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
Great Perks. Because We Appreciate Great Employees.
We offer a generous number of vacation days and have the Jewish holidays off as well. Fridays our offices close early (October to March at 3:00 pm and April to September at 4:00 pm). All so you can relax and recharge.
UJA provides a top-tier medical and dental plan, along with a flexible spending account. We also offer life insurance. And for a small cost you can take part in on-site yoga and exercise classes at our Manhattan office. Wellness matters to us.
Planning for Retirement:
UJA employees can enroll in a pension plan and tax deferred annuity.
Classes, workshops, and compelling speakers will keep you at the top of your game.
We come together as a staff to commemorate holidays (from Rosh Hashanah to MLK Day), volunteer at nonprofits, and celebrate our accomplishments together. (Our chocolate chip cookies are legendary!)
Some More (Yes, more!)
We also offer a backup childcare program. And a commuter benefit plan. So you can get to work and feel good about it.
Also, a lot of the times, we’re wearing jeans.