The Development officer works in partnership with the executive director, board and development committee to plan and implement the annual campaign and major gifts fundraising effort. This key position requires passion for Federation’s mission, enthusiasm, excellent fundraising and organizational abilities, creativity, good humor and a goal-focused outlook. Exceptional interpersonal communication abilities and the ability to successfully cultivate and nurture donor relationships is a must.
- Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle for both general giving to the annual campaign ($1-$999) and major gifts ($1,000+)
- Develop a strategy for implementing annual campaign and major donor solicitations in partnership with the Executive Director
- Build and maintain trusted relationships with key stakeholders and donors and implement strategies to increase their level of financial commitment
- Identify, cultivate and establish new donor relationships
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with Board and/or Committees
- Identify, train and oversee volunteer solicitors
- Plan and implement key fundraising events throughout the year with support from the Executive Director and the Development Assistant.
- Knowledge and respect for Jewish culture and community
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of demonstrated fund- raising success in non-profit setting
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong understanding of donor research, identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Highest degree of integrity, confidentiality, and dedication to the mission of the Federation
- Excellent verbal and written skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and relate to donors, volunteers, staff, board members and community members
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work within an allocated budget
- Familiarity with development software and Microsoft Office suite
This is a flexible, 20 hour a week position that offers that rare opportunity to use your talents to benefit a greater good and work with caring individuals who share a commitment to helping those in need and strengthening Jewish community.
Compensation range is $31K - $35K (20hrs/week) commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the selected applicant. The benefits package includes an attractive time off package, 403b retirement plan, flexible spending account, and opportunities for professional development.
The Jewish Federation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.
APPLY: Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].