Who We Are:
The Schechter School of Long Island is a co-educational, private, Jewish day school affiliated with the Conservative Movement nestled in Williston Park, NY. Our mission: SSLI educates and empowers students to be critical thinkers, ethical leaders, and globally engaged citizens, striving to achieve their full potential.
SSLI treats every student like a work of art, fostering a learning environment where every child feels seen, heard, and understood, and where our teachers strive to get the best out of each child’s unique learning style. There is no one way to teach a child, and SSLI students thrive because our community takes the time to understand their needs and find a pathway to help them thrive.
What will you do?
We believe you will help G.R.O.W. our school as follows:
- Governance: You work in partnership with the board to build an organization with an effective chain of command that gives clarity about who does what, an organization that helps teachers to grow in mastery and job happiness.
- Reputation: You elevate the reputation of the school through teacher training in differentiated instruction; fostering a culture of accountability in which there are predictable mechanisms for teacher feedback and evaluation.
- Openness: You promote trust within all members of the community by communicating consistently, proactively, and plainly.
- Wholeness: Knit one educational and social experience from kindergarten through twelfth grade for students, parents, and faculty with support from the school's large and supportive network of alumni.
We believe you have the following:
- Experience in people management
- Mastery of written and verbal communication with teachers, parents, and students
- Active engagement with school families and the wider community
- Experience in and enthusiasm for fundraising
- A graduate degree in educational administration, education, or a related field
- Fit with the mission of the school
How to learn more or apply
We would love to meet you! Please apply online at http://bit.ly/ssli-hos-opening as soon as possible and by October 31, 2023 for consideration. If you have questions, please email Lydia Musher, [email protected], for additional information.
First year base salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, and 403(B) matching.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.