Executive Director- Beacon Hebrew Alliance
Seeking candidates for the newly-created, full-time position of Executive Director for Beacon Hebrew Alliance (BHA), a thriving congregation in the dynamic and diverse Hudson Valley city of Beacon, NY.
BHA is a progressive, egalitarian, USCJ-affiliated synagogue with some 130 household members. We are committed to a caring, experiential, and inclusive approach to Jewish life.
The executive director will report to the president of the board, and will oversee the rabbi, cantor/education director, and BHA administrative assistant.
The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work as a team with board and congregants to develop, plan and oversee all synagogue programs and events
- Supervise daily operations of BHA building/grounds; and work with board on strategic plan for facilities
- Coordinate annual Kol Nidrei and any other individual fundraising; write and seek funding grants
- Assist in fostering a spirit of volunteerism, working closely with BHA congregants and committee chairs and members
- Supervise/schedule all staff and provide regular, written performance evaluations
- Attend monthly board meetings and coordinate new training opportunities for board members; work with board members to establish best practice non-profit governance plans and policies
- Oversee coordination and maintenance of budget allocations for various committees
Candidates should have knowledge of Jewish ritual practice, customs, and holidays. Experience working in a congregational setting and/or a non-profit organization is preferred.
Strong leadership, interpersonal, organizational, communication, and management skills are expected, along with excellent computer skills (especially Google Workspace, ShulCloud, Zoom) and knowledge of budgeting practices and accounting systems.
Annual salary range is $60,000 to 80,000. Benefits are negotiable.
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for references to: [email protected]