Are you ready to make a lasting impact on the lives of young learners while immersing them in the rich traditions of Judaism? Living Judaism, a vibrant and inclusive religious school at University Synagogue, seeks a passionate Religious School Teacher to join our dedicated team. If you are ready to ignite a love for Jewish rituals, holidays, and values in an experiential and fun learning environment, then this opportunity is for you!
As a Religious School Teacher, you will work closely with the Director of Congregational Learning to implement an experiential and fun curriculum that promotes a positive and engaging learning environment for our students. This part-time position requires Sunday availability from 8:30 am to 12 pm, September through May, with 25 sessions in the school year. The position is based at University Synagogue in Irvine, CA, and requires in-person presence.
- Collaborate with the Director of Congregational Learning to implement the curriculum effectively.
- Develop weekly lesson plans using the provided written curriculum.
- Provide classroom instruction and management, ensuring a positive and fun learning environment.
- Foster a nurturing and inclusive atmosphere where students can explore Jewish rituals, holidays, and values.
- Emphasize experiential learning and engage students in interactive activities.
- Demonstrate patience, creativity, and flexibility in teaching methods.
- Maintain open and effective communication with parents and staff regarding student progress.
- Participate in ongoing professional development opportunities and training the organization provides to enhance teaching skills and stay updated on educational trends and practices.
- Basic knowledge of Jewish rituals, holidays, and values.
- Comfort teaching children in upper elementary school.
- Previous Jewish camp experience is a bonus.
- A willingness to learn and try new teaching methods.
- Ability to be flexible and receive constructive feedback.
- Hebrew is a plus but not required.
- No specific educational requirements or certifications are needed.
- Entry-level, mid-level, or senior candidates are all welcome.
- Must be available to work on Sundays from 8:30 am to 12 pm during the school year (September-May).
Location: University Synagogue, Irvine, CA (In-person only)
Salary Range: Based on experience
- Reduced synagogue membership and religious school fees for children enrolled in the program.
- The organization provides access to ongoing professional development opportunities and training to enhance teaching skills and stay updated on educational trends and practices.
Start Date: Beginning of September