Temple Beth Shalom is a reform congregation in Austin, Texas that prides itself on its well-deserved reputation for being a warm, welcoming and inclusive community. Our mission, “ …to promote worship, lifelong education, personal growth, and nurturing and support for lifecycle events in a collaborative setting”, is not only the driver for what we do but how we do it. By having a collaborative mindset, we regularly create diverse and multiple opportunities for our clergy, staff, congregants and community.
- You embody warmth and care for students and families, and you are excited to work with different stakeholders to ensure that our congregation and school are places of belonging for our diverse learners.
- You have a vision for what dynamic, rich Jewish education looks like, and think creatively and collaboratively about how to achieve that vision across our various programs.
- You have a background in Jewish education that will inform your operational responsibility over the educational programming for our learners and their families.
- You demonstrate a strong work ethic and an ability to hold the bigger picture while working in the details on multiple projects.
WHY THIS JOB IS COMPELLING
A successful candidate will develop a broad set of professional skills, honing them to the level of excellence in a demanding and supportive environment. You will work with an accomplished and diverse team in which each individual is committed to their own rapid development as well as to that of the team.
- Develop strong relationships with youth, families, congregants, and other Religious School stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Director to set the vision and mission of all K-12 educational and social programming.
- Oversee 2-3 grades of curriculum depending on areas of expertise, and supervise those educators.
- Oversee the implementation of a new alternative religious school model pilot.
- Develop and oversee experiential learning experiences for the same grade groups as above.
- Support onsite management of Religious School in collaboration with the Director.
- Organize the logistics for family learning programs.
- Plan and implement K-2nd Grade Kids’ Night Out programs.
- Plan and implement 3rd-5th Grade Kids’ Night Our programs.
- Collaborate with the Director with teacher training and support.
- Assist the Director with student support.
- Assist the Director with Religious School logistics in concert with the Education Coordinator.
- Communicate with families and teachers.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors’ Degree and experience in the field of Jewish education is required. An MAJE, MARE, M.Ed.L., or MAJL are a plus.
- Excellent computer skills including: Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and social media, etc.
- Applicants should be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
What We Offer
- $60,000-$65,000 Annually
- Health Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account program
- Paid time off including 8 national holidays, 8 Jewish holidays, and additional sick/personal leave
- Temple Beth Shalom membership
To submit a resume/cover letter or for more information, please contact Jordann Magidson at [email protected].