Who we are:
The Jewish LGBTQ Donor Network (the “Jewish LGBTQ Network” or “The Network”) was founded in 2021 to build a new, global community of like-minded individuals who wish to come together to explore philanthropic opportunities in the Jewish LGBTQ space and to translate that learning into collective action
to enhance the lives of LGBTQ Jews.
The Jewish LGBTQ Network is driven by a commitment to provide philanthropic support, mentoring and other member skills to organizations and individuals in order to advance and support the Jewish LGBTQ community. The Jewish LGBTQ Network seeks to learn from the community, including grantee organizations, and be a reciprocal partner in sharing ideas, opportunities and expertise.
Who we are looking for:
We are seeking an Inaugural Executive Director who will help develop and implement a vision for the Jewish LGBTQ Donor Network in partnership with the Network Founders (Stuart Kurlander, Jeff Schoenfeld and Alex Greenbaum) and also working with and supporting other Network members.
Additionally, the Inaugural Executive Director will help to fundraise from Network supporters as well as coordinate and research potential funding opportunities, and manage the grants portfolio and grantee relationships. The position requires regular engagement with the Founders of the Jewish LGBTQ Donor Network to plan,manage and inform the work of the Network. In addition to developing a fundraising plan in coordination with the Network Founder and Network supporters, the Inaugural Executive Director will help drive the ongoing development of processes and procedures to improve the scope, efficiency and impact of the Jewish LGBTQ Donor Network’s grant making. In addition, the Executive Director will serve as a representative and advocate of the Jewish LGBTQ Donor Network for key stakeholders, including network members, philanthropic partners, grantee organizations, Jewish institutions (including media organizations) and others.
As the Jewish LGBTQ Donor Network’s Inaugural Executive Director, the successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to partner with a group of well-established philanthropists to shape and build a new organization that will meaningfully impact the lives of LGBTQ Jews and their role in the broader Jewish community.
In alignment with the mission of the Jewish LGBTQ Donor Network, the Executive Director’s core responsibilities fall within the categories of: Giving, Network Development and Education.
- Guide and shape the evolution of the Network Collective Giving Process.
- Manage the online application form and all associated processes.
- Prepare grant materials for review.
- Research grant ideas and potential grantees in order to make informed recommendations around their potential fit within the Network’s priorities.
- Monitor the grants and initiatives that receive funding from the Network and manage the Network’s relationship with grantees.
- Oversee preparation of grant agreements, including reporting requirement and methods ofevaluation.
- Work cooperatively with grant seekers in preparing, developing and/or revising grant requests to meet established standards.
- Analyze organizational goals and plans, financial data, approaches to assessing outcomes of the proposed initiatives, and other relevant information.
- Cultivate/build the Network’s membership across the US, Israel and around the world
- Liaise with Network members, including one-on-one conversations to understand areas of interest and engagement.
- Manage the membership database.
- Develop networking opportunities where possible (online and in-person).
- Serve as a point of contact for members to raise any concerns or issues and work to resolve such matters.
- Forge partnerships and facilitate closer working relationships among colleagues and other funding partners, both inside and outside of the Jewish LGBTQ philanthropic community.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders on new and ongoing initiatives.
- Publicize the work of the Network to relevant stakeholders and communities
- Schedule regular webinars/online education programs for Network members].
- Source speakers and engage members on topics for programming• Curate and manage agendas and program outline for each education program.
- Design educational objectives with Jewish LGBTQ Donor Network founders and implement them, initiating course adjustments when necessary.
- Manage any in-person programming, including all logistics and program development when required.
- Monitor educational offerings with respect to Jewish LGBTQ issues in the broader community and inform members of such opportunities
- Perform other related projects or work as required.
- Manage all correspondence for educational events, including emails and social media (where appropriate).
- While this position may eventually become full time, we are initially seeking an experienced candidate who will work 20 hours a week – primarily East Coast daytime hours - for the Jewish LGBTQ Donor Network.
- Candidates should have substantial knowledge of, and experience in, the Jewish nonprofit communities in North America and Israel, as either a professional or lay leader.
- Prior experience with respect to the following is desirable but not required: (i) philanthropic and/or educational programs that address issues
faced by LGBTQ Jews, (ii) fundraising and resource development, (iii) program monitoring and evaluation and/or (iv) collective giving initiatives (including community grant allocations, giving circles, etc.).
Interested applicants may explore this opportunity further by submitting a resume and cover letter to Stuart S. Kurlander ([email protected]) by September 12, 2022. Compensation/Benefits to be determined based on the candidate’s experience and requirements.
The Jewish LGBTQ Donor Network does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. The Jewish LGBTQ Donor Network values diversity in people and we are committed to excellence and inclusion.