The Program Associate provides administrative support for Moving Traditions Program and Partnership Teams. They are responsible for program, event and database coordination. This position is suited for a self-motivated individual with both a team approach and systems-oriented thinking and skills to help grow, further develop, and implement innovative programs.
This position will also provide administrative support for the CEO and Moving Traditions’ Board (up to 15% of total workload).
While this position is remote, Moving Traditions is only considering applicants physically located in the following states: Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Colorado, California.
Since its founding in January 2005, Moving Traditions has championed impact-focused youth-serving programs at the intersection of gender, wellbeing, and Judaism. Our suite of programs includes Moving Traditions B-Mitzvah Family Education Program for preteens and parents; Teen Groups for teens as they self-identify, with Rosh Hodesh for girls, Shevet for boys, Tzelem for LGBTQ+ teens; the Kulam curriculum for Hebrew High School settings; and the Kol Koleinu Teen Feminist Fellowship. We are also launching a racial justice fellowship this fall that aims to make Jewish spaces more anti-racist and activist spaces more welcoming to Jewish and Zionist identities. Finally, through CultureShift, Moving Traditions trains professionals who work with Jewish teens at camp and elsewhere about how to create healthy culture around gender, boundaries, and consent, and more.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Webinar and online event support including email reminders, registration forms and Salesforce integration, tracking registrations/RSVPs, taking attendance, and other tasks as needed.
- Provide project management assistance for Program and Partnership teams.
- Salesforce: Ensure customer information is up to date, accurate, and integrated, including product access.
- Support execution of partner contracts and renewals process.
- Update and maintain product offerings on website as well as other information as needed.
- Assist in evaluation efforts.
- Respond to informational requests and manage support email box.
- Provide logistical support for programmatic events as needed.
- Provide administrative support for the CEO and Moving Traditions’ Board, including making travel arrangements, editing and formatting documents, and providing operational and technical support for board meetings and other meetings. (up to 15% of total workload)
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE SKILL REQUIRED
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the criteria. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements.
- Embrace Moving Traditions’ mission
- 2-3 years program support experience at an associate level, or equivalent
- Excellent spoken and written communications skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and remotely with colleagues, at a fast pace
- Ability to occasionally attend and support Moving Traditions educational events, which can occur on Sundays or in the evenings
- Strong program management skills, including organization, time management, defining and setting priorities, and problem-solving.
- Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Office/365, Wordpress, Formstack (or similar program), Zoom webinar
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM
- Comfort with an online environment, including learning new programs
- Previous experience with Moving Traditions’ programs is a plus
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Compensation at Moving Traditions is determined based on the salary band for the role and adjusted based on cost of living where the final candidate resides. The salary range for this role is $42 – $46K yearly. Benefits package includes paid time off for vacation and Jewish and major national holidays, 100% paid medical benefits for employee including dental/vision, STD/Life insurance, and FSA. In addition, employees that have been with Moving Traditions for at least a year are eligible for paid parental leave and a 401K employer contribution.
The process for the hired applicant will include the following steps:
- Submission of a Cover Letter & Resume.
- Applicants moved forward will have a phone screening with a member of Moving Traditions HR Team.
- Applicants that move forward will have 1-2 interviews with the Hiring Manager and additional team members, including the Team Lead.
- Finalists will have an interview with the CEO.
- Three professional references will be requested at the end of the interview process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Moving Traditions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, height, weight, marital status, genetic information, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law in employment or the provision of services. Moving Traditions deeply values the diversity of insight, perspective, and experience brought by people from all backgrounds and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in Jewish nonprofit organizations—to apply.