Summary of Position
The Director of Stewardship is a newly created role and an essential member of the Strategy team. The Director will report to the Managing Director, Donor Relations & National Programs. ACWIS’ stewardship program has been largely designed and the role will be responsible for implementing, directing, and refining this comprehensive stewardship program to promote engagement and connection with donors at all levels of giving.
What you will do:
- Design and implement a best-in-class stewardship program that will generate meaningful stewardship and engagement opportunities for donors with gifts at the highest levels.
- Serve as a donor relations and stewardship thought leader, aligning the program with the American Committee’s strategic vision.
- Identify ways for the stewardship program to be innovative and efficient, ensuring the American Committee remains at the forefront of trends and industry practices.
- Build collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to inform the development of strategic donor relations and stewardship plans.
- Closely partner with frontline fundraisers to build and track stewardship plans that are aligned with donor interests.
- In collaboration with the Prospect Management and Research and Information Management teams, develop stewardship metrics criteria.
- Gather, receive, and interpret data to track the impact and efficiency of the stewardship program.
- Other duties may also be assigned.
You must have:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 7+ years of proven experience in the nonprofit sector, preferably in fundraising and stewardship.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex projects and supporting teams in the successful execution of strategic priorities.
- Demonstrated record in building strong relationships across diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Highly strategic, collaborative, and ambitious.
- Ability to remain calm and flexible in the face of multiple priorities, shifting circumstances and the demands of servicing a large donor base.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Initiative and ownership of projects.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Candidates must be committed to implementing best practices, demonstrate an adherence to the highest standards of ethical practices, and possess superb communication skills.
- Strong desire to contribute to a team and the mission of the Weizmann Institute of Science.
Computer Skills Required:
- Experience and proficiency with Raiser’s Edge (NXT) or other CRM.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to unlawful discrimination because of their age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, pregnancy status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, covered military or protected veteran status, disability, or any other applicable federal, state or local protected class, trait or status or that of persons with whom an applicant associates.