About the Position
The Hebrew/Judaic Studies Teacher at Wise School works with a team of teachers. With your colleagues, you will design and implement curriculum, differentiate learning as needed, and proactively communicate with parents. You will create and maintain a nurturing and supportive classroom environment, while implementing positive behavior support and classroom management. A supportive administrative team will provide needed guidance and professional development.
- Works in the classroom to support each student’s differentiated academic needs, helping all students access the Hebrew and/or Judaic Studies curriculum.
- Works with grade-level teams to plan programming and implement best practices for teaching and learning.
- Collegially collaborates with team members, staff, and administration to support student learning and growth.
- When necessary, designs and facilitates online learning using the technology tools and platforms provided.
- Attends and actively participates in all-staff meetings and trainings.
- Attends school functions that support the school’s mission and vision, both during and outside the normal school day.
- As a key staff member in our religious educational institution, role-models the tenets of our faith on a daily basis to our members and the broader Temple community; participate in transmitting the expectations and values of our faith, playing a critical and essential role in the Temple’s ability to minister to the daily needs of our students and members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree in Hebrew and/or Judaic Studies
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Diplomatic, tactful, and possessing the ability to show grace under pressure
- Empathetic to the needs and differing dynamics of families who attend the school
- Strong interpersonal relationship-building skills; team-oriented
- Strong organizational skills; self-motivated and responsible
- Strong educational technology skills preferred, or strong willingness to learn
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Stephen Wise Temple and Wise Schools.
- Reflective practitioner with a growth mindset.
- Experience teaching Hebrew and/or Judaic Studies with an emphasis in Chaverim B’Ivrit
- Elementary experience preferred
- Graduate of DeLeT program
- Has lived or studied in Israel