The Development Assistant is mainly responsible for supporting the Chief Development Officer (CDO) in achieving the goal of raising funds to support Tel Aviv University.
The CDO is responsible for the execution and management of a team of a dozen fundraisers and fundraising support staff across the United States. The team is responsible for the strategic engagement of donors and prospects throughout their respective regions (NE, SE, Midwest, and West) and does so through individual meetings and events. The CDO seeks a Development Assistant who is proactive, motivated, flexible, and with a great sense of humor and someone who enjoys being part of a busy team.
This role is based out of the NYC office. Due to COVID we currently work in the office two days per week and the other days remotely. The Development Assistant’s would be expected to coordinate their days in the office with the CDO’s schedule.
- Fundraising Support:
- Prepare for internal and external meetings and events, including logistics, printing, and shipment of materials.
- Screen calls and respond to situations as appropriate, corresponding with donors and professionals as independently as possible.
- Draft correspondence, including thank you and outreach emails for the CDO.
- Review weekly gifts logs and white pages identifying the CDO’s donors, ensuring the CDO appropriately stewards them and that gifts are appropriately allocated.
- Oversee, update and distribute FRD calendar of events.
- Attend AFTAU events as needed.
- Donor Database Administration:
- Provide Raiser’s Edge NXT Database support to the CDO.
- Entering, retrieving, and updating data
- Track donor correspondence
- Update Opportunities
- Produce Raiser Edge Reports as required.
- General Administrative:
- Serve as the point person from AFTAU’s FRD Team to the University on reporting distribution.
- Maintain departmental files on internal servers for CDO.
- Process expense reports for CDO.
- Manage Outlook Calendar for CDO.
- Book travel for the CDO, including flights, hotels, and car rental.
- Prepare for internal and external meetings for both in person and via zoom, including logistics, typing, printing, and shipment of materials.
- Provide back-up assistance when necessary to the Executive Assistant/Office Manager, including, but not limited to opening and sorting mail and phone support.
- Support the CDO in creating PowerPoint decks for Development Committee and other presentations as needed.
- Manage agenda and meeting setting for bi-weekly FRD team meetings.
- Manage visiting professors and TAU guest visits coordinating their schedule and calendar for the NE and SE.
- Oversee FRD Event Calendar.
- Perform other work-related duties and special projects as assigned and requested by supervisors.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of a year experience in a non-profit or related experience.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM donor management is required.
- Detailed-oriented and effective time management, with the ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing, and organizational skills.
- Thirst to learn and positive and proactive approach to work.
- Interest in fundraising, philanthropy, and non-profit work.
- Flexibility to work independently and as part of an international team.
- Professional demeanor and ability to handle confidential materials.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Experience and comfort in using remote work tools such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
Compensation: Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
American Friends of the Tel Aviv University is an equal opportunity employer.