Yeshivat Maharat is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide administrative and organizational support to staff, faculty and students. This position ensures the smooth function of the institution. The ideal person for this position is resourceful, takes ownership and initiative, is flexible and able to pivot, can think ahead, and is responsive and driven to support Maharat’s mission.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President for Finance & Operations, the Administrative Assistant will work in collaboration with all members of the staff, faculty and students.
Full-time position, in person in Riverdale, Monday through Thursday 9am-6pm, remote on Fridays 9am-1pm. Salary range of $45,000-$60,000 dependent upon experience. Full benefits package including medical, 403b match and more.
- General support to senior faculty and administration, especially with scheduling
- Financial and HR systems support to SVP Finance & Operations
- Office management, including checking and processing mail, depositing checks, ordering supplies, keeping office organized, answer the main phone line and responding to voicemail, forwarding emails sent to general email box
- Maintains institutional calendars
- Electronic file maintenance (Dropbox, Google Drive)
- With SVP, maintains/assigns Maharat email addresses, Google groups, Slack, Zoom accounts
- Orders food for events; reserves building spaces
- Works with Director of Student Affairs to prepare and obtain student contracts, contact and financial information
- Printing and mailing paper donation acknowledgements
- Project manages Rosh Hashana card planning, printing, mailing
- Work with mail house for all mailings (year end campaign, graduation, special events)
- Assists with travel arrangements
- Co-manages logistics for annual student retreat, alumnae conference, and graduation
- Handles gift purchases and manages swag store
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A professional, flexible, entrepreneurial and resourceful attitude
- Ability to take initiative and work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability manage multiple tasks and projects
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
For more information about Maharat, please visit our website at www.yeshivatmaharat.org
Yeshivat Maharat is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Yeshivat Maharat
Founded in 2009, Yeshivat Maharat is the first institution to ordain Orthodox women as members of the clergy. Maharat’s vision is a world in which Jewish communities are educated, dynamic and relevant, where diverse and impactful leaders inspire Jews to live spiritually engaged lives. Our mission is to educate, ordain and invest in trailblazing Orthodox women who model a dynamic and meaningful Judaism to inspire individuals and transform communities.