About OneTable: At OneTable, we support people to end their week with intention. As an online and in person community, we help people in their 20s and 30s find, enjoy and share Shabbat dinners, explore Judaism and Jewish practice, and make the most of Friday night. As we expand and evolve in cities across the country, we are looking for strong team members to help us grow our community. For more information: onetable.org.
Over the past several months the world in which OneTable operates has changed, and OneTable has shifted along with it, innovating to increase access to Shabbat for all Jewish young adults seeking connection and community in the midst of a global crisis. Participants are hosting more than ever before.
The Boston Field Manager is a full-time position that oversees all aspects of OneTable’s involvement in Boston and the surrounding geographic region. The role includes dynamic relationships with hosts, guests, and key stakeholders as well as administrative tasks. As with all OneTable roles, this position is iterative and will evolve over time with input across teams.
The Field Manager will contribute to OneTable’s mission by:
- Deepening host and guest engagement with Shabbat ritual and hospitality
- Managing all administrative functions, including regularly updating OneTable CRM
- Representing OneTable as an ambassador in the community and nationally.
Specific responsibilities include:
Direct Support for Friday Night Dinner Hosts and Guests (Relationship Building + Customer Service)
- Build new and deepen existing relationships with hosts and guests via phone, email, and/or in-person meetings (vetting, welcoming, providing ongoing one-on-one support)
- Create and implement a high-touch guest engagement strategy
- Write monthly city-specific emails, develop social media content, send dedicated local communications, and update social media
- Supervise regional OneTable Shabbat Community Ambassadors
Administrative / Internal
- Track participants, run reports and analyze data in our Salesforce CRM as they move through and access our resources (you will be trained in Salesforce)
- Collaborate with the evaluation team to engage in new strategies, events, and outreach to reach organizational goals
Partnerships / External Relations
- Act as the face of OneTable with Boston donors, partners, users and at national conferences in the area
- Plan and execute larger events (e.g. Shabbat dinners, OneTable Live programming, and Nosh:pitalities) and ensure post-event engagement where opportunity arises
- Steward new partnership and sponsorship opportunities in the area
- Connect regularly with users to collect stories to share with funders
- Contribute to grant writing and reporting and other funder communications
Key Attributes/Skill Set (Must Have):
- You are self-driven and determined and able to reach goals. You will need to be ambitious, able to pivot and think creatively on the spot.
- You are a well-organized multi-tasker who thrives in a fast-paced, bias-towards-action environment.
- You are an excellent public speaker with great presentation and written communication skills and are also a great listener.
- You are willing to work some evenings (including Fridays) and weekend hours.
- You are a dynamic team player expected to prototype ideas, iterate quickly, and cover for fellow Field Managers, ensuring there is never a boring day!
- You appreciate the importance of data and are familiar with donor database management software (we use Salesforce) or have an interest in learning and doing the necessary data-entry as required. Our administrative motto “If it isn’t in SalesForce, it didn’t happen” is real.
- You are comfortable working independently in Boston while simultaneously recognizing that you are part of a national organization with an infrastructure in place to support and guide your work.
Helpful to have:
- You are an experienced manager who has managed part-time or full-time employees
The salary for this position is $50K.
All employees are offered a full benefits package including health, dental, vision insurance, 403b matching after one year, pre-tax TransitChek, flexible spending account, short and long-term disability and life insurance. But that’s not all -- OneTablers get paid time off for all the Jewish holidays. We value and invest in professional development and growth.
Location: Candidates must be based in Boston
Start Date: December 2021
Click to fill out our online application: www.onetable.org/careers-apply
Questions? Email [email protected]
- Review of applications will begin immediately and continue on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Submission of Cover Letter and Resume outlining your interest in OneTable and how your qualifications match the job description
- Applicants that move forward to the first round screening will have an interview with a member of OneTable’s Field Team
- Applicants that move forward will interview with one of the Directors of Field Operations.
- Applicants that move forward after the second round interview may be asked to complete a written task
- There may be additional conversations with colleagues with whom they would be working.
Note: OneTable seeks to increase equity in its hiring and therefore to mitigate the inside edge sometimes given to those who have relationships with “field insiders,” OneTable does not accept informal recommendations from individuals with personal connections to our staff or Board members and cannot factor such referrals into selection of candidates for interviews.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We deeply value the diversity of insight, perspective, and experience brought by people from backgrounds typically underrepresented in Jewish institutions. This includes Black, Latinx, Indigenous, and Asian people, Black Jews, Jews of Color, Sephardi and Mizrachi Jews, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities. We also welcome applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds.
The organization provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. In addition, the organization affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.