Temple Beth Sholom of Orange County (TBS) is a Reform congregation of about 250 families located in Santa Ana, California. This position combines the role of front desk reception/administrator with assistance of facility and event rentals and reports to the Executive Director. This person represents the first view and voice of the Temple to members and visitors.
TBS seeks a well-organized team player to help manage daily operations and welcome members and visitors in a friendly and professional manner. This position is part-time.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Serve as first responder, in a professional and welcoming manner, for phone calls, gate-opening requests, and congregants and visitors who come into the temple
• Assist with event rentals including calls, tours, bookings, and more as needed
• Serve as liaison between Executive Director/Staff and facilities for room set-ups, schedules, facility maintenance and repairs
• Ensure appropriate recognition and acknowledgement for donations and new members/member renewals
• Ensure proper operation of office equipment and maintain supplies inventory
• Serve as liaison with facility vendors as needed by the Executive Director
• Database Assistance
• Assist Clergy
o including B’nei Mitzvah needs: scheduling, maintaining records and files, and communications
• Such other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Executive Director
• Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, office etiquette and phone manners
• Sense of responsibility, strong attention to detail and effective time management skills
• Excellent organizational skills (i.e., effectively manage multiple tasks and prioritize demands)
• Can maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
• Familiarity with Jewish customs and practices
• Ability to work collaboratively with staff and volunteers
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Part-time: 25-29 hours per week.
• Potential for extra hours. Any additional hours shall be approved in advance by the Executive Director
• Starting as soon as possible