The Arts, Culture and Dialogue Director’s role is to develop, implement, and evaluate an integrated set of Adult Programs related to our diverse community. This includes but not limited to community engagement utilizing visual arts, film, music, literature, Israel engagement, Jewish life, including religion, values, ethics, lecture and debate series. In addition, to curate these events in a method that both supports the Jewish and inclusive nature of the MARJCC as well as our unique diversity. This position requires large event coordination skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Align the strategic direction for the Arts, Culture and Dialogue Department with the mission, vision, values, and strategic program initiatives as set forth by the COO
- Work in conjunction with the COO to continue existing partnerships and collaborations with community organizations as well as to expand and develop new relationships and collaborations with both Jewish and non-Jewish organizations.
- Collaborate with the COO and the Development Team on grants, advocacy, and ideas for engaging new donors in the arts, culture and dialogue realm.
- Plan, organize and facilitate large cultural events at the MARJCC.
- Curating, developing, coordinating, and administering high quality adult events and programs. Assure that all programs and events are of the highest caliber and consistent with the overall vision of the program.
- Evaluate the variety and mix of programs offered by the organization directly and in the community to promote and create opportunities that are strategically aligned with the interests of the adult community in the Miami area.
- Tap into an important network of cultural arts-based non-profits, organizations, and artists to leverage their collective strengths through strong partnerships.
- Coordinate programming and activities with other MARJCC departments as well as outside agencies.
- Be a key player in creating audience and membership development strategies.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Negotiate, prepare, administer, and monitor contracts and agreements with book publishers, speaker’s agents, authors, and others involved in the delivery of programs and activities.
- Develop and administer division budgets and monitor program expenditures.
QUALIFICATIONS: Individual should have prior event planning and organizing experience; ability to set and work within a budget for the department; must be computer literate; work well in a fast-paced environment and collaboratively with multiple departments and teams.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university; Master’s degree preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience in Cultural Arts; Non-Profit; Fundraising & Development; Community Development; Public Relations, or other.