The Jewish Foundation of Greater New Haven
Job Description: Foundation Associate “Create a Jewish Legacy”
Reports to: Jewish Foundation Executive Director
FLSA Status: Part Time / Non-Exempt
Hours: 25-30 Weekly
Pay Rate: $53,000 - $56,000
The Jewish Foundation is designed to enable donors to fulfill their philanthropic goals while strengthening New Haven's Jewish community, now and in the future.
We are seeking an experienced project management professional to serve as the local coordinator of “Create a Jewish Legacy” New Haven.
Create a Jewish Legacy is a 4-year partnership program with the Harold Grinspoon Foundation (HGF) that assists communities across North America, through partnerships with Jewish Federations and Foundations to promote after-lifetime giving to benefit the local Jewish community (in this case, Greater New Haven), including the Jewish Federation, our local Jewish day schools, synagogues, Jewish Family Service, the Towers at Tower Lane, Camp Laurelwood, the JCC, and other Jewish entities. Through training, support and monetary incentives, Create a Jewish Legacy New Haven motivates Jewish organizations to secure legacy gifts, steward donors and integrate legacy giving into the philanthropic culture of the Jewish community.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as local manager of the program coordinating the community-wide efforts of local Jewish organizations to secure legacy gifts and steward existing legacy donors.
- Assist, coach, motivate and hold participating organizations accountable to have successful legacy conversations with donors, execute their legacy plans, steward existing legacy donors, and reach their goals under the program
- Coordinate with the HGF Legacy Consultant and the Executive Director of the Jewish Foundation to organize and submit progress reports and other reporting documents, and maintain lists of intended and formalized commitments.
- Possible outreach to agencies and synagogues concerning other initiatives.
- Regularly meet with participating organizations, plan community-wide events to educate about and celebrate legacy giving, and coordinate local organizations participation in national HGF training sessions.
- Create marketing materials in collaboration with outside marketing professionals and Jewish Foundation Executive Director.
- Participate in HGF trainings.
- Track program expenses against budget.
The candidate should possess:
- familiarity with the Greater New Haven Jewish community
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- excellent organizational skills
- ability to manage records and utilize Excel spreadsheets
- ability to work in a fund management CRM database (the Jewish Foundation uses Community Suites)
- ability to understand and/or learn about endowment funding options
- ability to coach, motivate and mentor legacy teams consisting of professional and lay leadership
The candidate must be:
- passionate about the Jewish community
- committed to the concept of legacy giving
- a self-starter
- a relationship-builder who enjoys working in a collaborative, team environment
- law degree and familiarity with planned giving will be helpful but not required
We anticipate this to be a 30 hour a week commitment with potential for full-time. This position will have a flexible schedule but some evenings and weekends will be necessary for meetings.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Lisa Stanger, Jewish Foundation Executive Director: [email protected]
The Jewish Federation, Foundation and JCC of Greater New Haven is an EEO/AA Employer we encourage individuals of all backgrounds and faiths to apply.
The Jewish Federation, Foundation, and JCC of Greater New Haven is a community-driven organization committed to taking care of the needs of the Jewish People in Greater New Haven, in Israel, and worldwide. The Foundation is designed to enable donors to fulfill their philanthropic goals while strengthening New Haven's Jewish community, now and in the future.