Temple Sholom is seeking a Temple Administrator to oversee the synagogue’s day-to-day administrative functions in support of the synagogue and religious school. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who excels at implementing and maintaining systems, policies, and procedures, with strong computer, project, and people management skills. In addition to overseeing the office, this person will serve as a main point of contact for congregants, prospective members, and guests. They will work closely and collaboratively with the synagogue clergy, religious school executive director, and temple leadership to ensure efficient organization, confidentiality and time-sensitive communication.
* 5+ years as an Administrative Assistant
*Proficient in MS Office Suite
QUALITIES WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
* You build meaningful relationships: Temple Sholom is a warm and welcoming community. You understand the value of connecting both professionally and authentically with people. * You value accountability: You partner with colleagues, lay leaders and clergy to set priorities and accomplish goals together - and you hold yourself and others accountable to timely follow-through.
* You thrive in a fast-paced environment: You are comfortable in a role where you have many "balls in the air", working efficiently and collaboratively to get things done well -- with a smile and sense of humor!
* You love wearing many hats: This role is part office manager, part event coordinator, part membership and sales manager, part facilities manager, part communications director, among other hats! * You are a consummate professional: This role requires holding and managing sensitive information. You know when to exercise discretion, are skilled at building and maintaining trust, and have systems in place to safeguard information.
* You are solution-oriented: You respond with poise, positivity, and an open mind when confronted with a challenging task or situation - and remain focused on finding solutions and compromises that address what's needed.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION:
28-32 hours per week
$22-$24/hour, depending on experience