Organization: Temple Beth Elohim, Wellesley
Positions: Part-Time Faculty in K-7 Learning and Hebrew Programs
Temple Beth Elohim, a vibrant Reform congregation in Wellesley, MA is currently accepting applications for teaching and senior madrichim positions in its BaDerech (K-5) and B’Yachad (6-7), and Hebrew (4-6) programs.
For our BaDerech (K-5) program, we are seeking:
- K- Grade 3 Classroom Teachers ($48 - 55 per hour, based on experience)
- K- Grade 5 Senior Madrichim ($30-$35 per hour, based on experience)
- Grade 4-5 Lead Modalities Teachers ($50-60 per hour, based on experience)
Ideal candidates should have experience working with kids in this age cohort from religious school, summer camp, classroom, tutoring, babysitting, etc.
Classes meet Sunday mornings (8:45am-10:45am and 11:15am-1:15pm), Tuesday afternoons (3:00pm-5:45pm), or Wednesday afternoons (4:00pm-6:00pm). Potential candidates could work either Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or all of the above.
For our B’Yachad (6-7th grade) program, we are seeking:
- Lead teachers who will be comfortable facilitating an interactive, multidisciplinary curriculum that includes both formal and informal learning ($50-$60 per hour, based on experience).
Ideal candidates should have recent classroom teaching experience and/or religious school, summer camp, etc. experience (preferable with middle school age students). Positions are open for Sunday, 11:15-1:15 pm, Tuesday, 3:00-5:45 pm, and Wednesday, 4:00-6:00 pm. Potential candidates could work either Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or all of the above.
For our Hebrew (4-6th grade) program, we are seeking:
- Skilled Hebrew Senior Madrichim ($40-45 per hour based on experience)
Ideal candidates should have experience teaching Hebrew in a classroom or tutoring environment. Modern Hebrew fluency is not a requirement, but is appreciated. Positions are open in-person on Sundays (10:00-10:45am, 11:15am-12:00pm, and 1:30-2:15pm). Potential candidates could work any or all of the in-person classes outlined above.
As mentioned above, all of our hourly rates are based on experience, and we are able to cover a portion of transportation costs for those without access to a vehicle. If you are interested in any of these positions, please email your resume and cover letter to Eliana Stein, [email protected].