Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy is a pluralistic Jewish day school for students in grades 6-12. Located in Bryn Mawr, PA (metropolitan Philadelphia), Barrack is the premier Jewish day school in the Delaware Valley, attracting students from Philadelphia and its suburbs, Allentown, New Jersey, and Delaware. The school integrates a comprehensive and rigorous college preparatory curriculum with the teaching of essential Jewish and American values and texts. Guided by our four Derech Eretz values of Honor, Moral Courage, Kindness, and Community, Barrack values diversity, celebrates the richness of Judaism's language, culture, and history, and is strongly connected to Israel. Barrack prepares future leaders of the American, Jewish, and global communities who work for a better world through acts of justice and compassion.
We are seeking an experienced, dynamic, and caring educator to serve as a full-time Middle School and High School Hebrew language teacher and advisor for the 2023-2024 school year. Interested candidates must have the ability to collaborate with colleagues, develop student-centered curricula, and foster a growth mindset for each of their students. The successful candidate will develop an inclusive environment where students feel safe to take risks in their learning. In addition, the candidate should seek professional growth through team meetings, professional development opportunities, and collaboration with Barrack colleagues. The successful candidate has a strong work ethic and enjoys teaching middle school and high school students with energy and enthusiasm.
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong background in educating Middle School and Upper School students
- Completion of Bishvil-Haivrit (NETA) training or a willingness to complete the training this summer
- Ability to teach Hebrew language at different levels within a student-centered environment
- Ability and excitement to connect with and teach students on both the high school and middle school levelsExcellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to function as a member of a team and to work as a team member, harmoniously and cooperatively, with administrators, teachers, students, and parents
- A positive, strong work ethic
- Ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Computer knowledge applicable to the position such as Google Workspace, electronic presentation skills, web navigation skills, and email management skills
Please submit a resume and cover letter to: Angela Zonshein, Hebrew Department Chair ([email protected]).