Who We Are
Romemu (roh-me-moo) is a center of worship, learning, and spiritual growth dedicated to creating a post-denominational Jewish ethic and practice, erasing the barriers between ancient Jewish wisdom and modern, progressive sensibilities. Through avodah (spiritual practice) - including Shabbat and holiday services filled with beautiful, uplifting music; contemplative davenning (prayer), and relevant and resonant messages - we are building the foundation to live more meaningful lives. Together our growing Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Global communities delve deeply into Torah (Jewish wisdom) to reinvent and reinvigorate Jewish ritual, thought, and daily living. More than anything, Romemu is defined by our kehillah (community). We are people from all walks of life with diverse backgrounds and identities who join together on a common journey of spiritual growth. Learn more at romemu.org.
Position Purpose: The Operations Associate is a core member of the team responsible for managing all systems and processes that support and engage our donors and members.
- Administer Romemu’s CRM database platform across all areas of the organization, including contributor data management and reporting
- Coordinate with accounting to ensure accurate recording and processing of all donations, expenses, payables and receivables through our CRM, Bill.com, and other systems
- Support annual fundraising campaigns and development operations.
- Assist with member and donor communications
- Work with the Executive Director on organizational budgeting and operations functions
- Experience with database management and accounting software.
- Adept at using technology, particularly Excel and CRM and CMS systems. Shul Cloud and Word Press experience a plus.
- Previous experience in fundraising and/or member based organization preferred
- Strong initiative, excellent interpersonal skills, and critical thinking skills, and demonstrated organizational abilities.
- Proven ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks with extreme attention to detail, deadlines, and results
- Poise, sophistication, and intellectual depth when speaking with members and donors
- Ability to work well in a team setting, showing respect for all, emotional maturity, and a good sense of humor
Other Experience and Expectations:
- Demonstrated interest in Romemu’s mission and values.
- Experience and ease in working with a Jewish and multi-faith, socio-economically, and politically diverse population.
- Available to work occasional evenings and to staff Romemu services on Friday night or Saturday morning, 1-2 times/month
Location: Romemu is a hybrid work environment. The Development Operations and Membership Manager will be expected in our Upper West Side Offices 3-4 days per week including staffing Shabbat and holiday services and has the option to work remotely at other times.
Salary Range: $50,000 – $60,000 depending on experience
Romemu offers participation in Blue Cross Blue Shield medical plans, Guardian Dental and Visions Plan, provides a health reimbursement plan, a retirement plan, a PTO plan, 13 paid holidays, and a small-office nonprofit environment with an friendly, supportive culture.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job and may change at any time.
We reply only to resumes that align most closely with the job description. We recommend that you take a look at the Romemu website, www.romemu.org, prior to applying.
Romemu is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please reference “Operations Associate” in the subject line of your email. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.