This position is available July 18, 2022.
Mission Statement: “At Solomon Schechter Day School of Metropolitan Chicago (SSDS), we ignite our students’ Jewish souls, educate them to their highest potential, and empower them to use their knowledge, skills, and creativity to enrich our world.”
The Accounting Manager's primary responsibility is to coordinate all accounting processes and procedures including audit, reconciliations, accounts payable and receivable, and financial statement preparation and analysis and budgeting. The Accounting Manager will report directly to the Director of Finance and Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Accounting Manager will:
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain internal controls and safeguards of cash, revenue, and expenses
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements; monthly bank and account reconciliations.
- Handle all aspects of accounts payable, student enrollment & re-enrollment contracts and accounts receivable/collections.
- Assist the DFO with the preparation of departmental budgets and forecasts, working with other administrators and department heads concerning budget performance and development.
- Oversee projects and grants accounting, ensure expenditures are aligned with budgets and grant guidelines.
- Communicate accounting policies to employees and ensure compliance
- Coordinate all audit activity, taking a lead position on preparation of schedules and work papers
- Maintain and monitor fixed asset schedules for expenditures, inventory and depreciation calculations
- Support the payroll process and flexible tuition process
- Partner with the development department to ensure proper data entry of donations and gift restrictions
- Prepare periodic surveys and reports for the school's trade & professional organizations
- Additional duties as assigned
Annual salary range of $60,000-$80,000 based on education and experience
Medical Insurance and other benefits offered including paid PTO time
Opportunities and funding for ongoing professional development