The Philanthropic Advancement Officer will drive our innovative and high-end efforts to attract new major donors and those who exhibit leadership capacity and desire. The position will focus on major donor level ($10,000+) and affinity ($500-$9,999) level prospects (with major gifts capacity) and will work with existing lay and staff leadership to identify prospects
The position will operate under a unique paradigm in concert with existing Federation offerings. The lead professional will be responsible for identifying, cultivating, stewarding, and coordinating individual donors and their interests. It is expected that the Philanthropic Advancement Officer will utilize networking opportunities, as well as vibrant and innovative programs to attract new donors and prospects.
- Research new potential prospects.
- Cultivate, engage, and steward new major donor households ($10,000+).
- Oversee hallmark fundraising events, including an annual poker tournament, that drive key fundraising through individual gifts and corporate sponsorship.
- Develop a series of exclusive programming to further engage event-driven donors.
- Recruit a minimum of two applicants each year to participate in Jewish Federation of North America’s National Young Leadership Cabinet, including developing and maintaining a list of prospects.
- Work collaboratively with Federation professionals and lay leadership on organizational placement and connect with new donors to ensure continued engagement.
- Seek corporate sponsorship opportunities to fund existing and new program initiatives such as a Jewish Young Professionals Organization and/or Jewish Chamber of Commerce.
- Attend Federation events of other departments and affinity groups as necessary.
- Coordinate with other senior staff to produce seamless and consistent branding of Federation, as well as coordinate events and marketing/promotional materials.
- Convey Federation’s message and vision meaningfully to donors and prospects.
Qualifications and Skills:
- BA/BS degree.
- 5-7 years development experience.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and writing skills.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Self-motivated, ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Good sense of humor and a life-long learner.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Capacity to manage and organize confidential information.
- Ability to work independently, creatively, and flexibly in a dynamic environment.
- Strong personal commitment to Federation’s mission.
- Knowledge of local Jewish community a plus.
- Flexibility to work evenings and some Sundays.
- Must have been vaccinated against COVID-19.
Please send Cover Letter & Resume to: [email protected]
Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey is a non-profit philanthropic organization dedicated to creating a vibrant Jewish community in northern New Jersey. Federation cares for those in need, deepens engagement in Jewish life, and strengthens the bonds among Jews in northern New Jersey, in Israel, and around the world. Our primary functions are community planning and allocations, financial resource development, and leadership development.
Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey prohibits discrimination based on the following protected categories: race, creed, color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, sex/gender (including pregnancy), marital status, civil status, domestic partnership status, familial status, religion, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information, liability for service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or disability.