Job Title: Manager, Immersive Experiences
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Chief Marketing & Engagement Officer
Department: Marketing & Engagement
The Jewish Federation of San Diego (JFSD) is seeking a passionate and creative Manager of Immersive Experiences to join our team and play a pivotal role in strengthening our donor relationships by curating meaningful and impactful mission trips and programs.
For more than 85 years Federation has worked to create a vibrant, caring, connected and enduring Jewish Community by strengthening Jewish identity, caring for Jews in need and fostering deep connections with Israel and Jews around the world. San Diego County is home to more than 100,000 Jews, in about 50,000 households. We are a thriving, vibrant, multi-faceted Jewish community of more than 100 Jewish communal organizations. More information about Jewish San Diego is available on our website, www.jewishinsandiego.org. Federation staff are passionate about community building, highly collaborative and always learning. We bring a wide range of experiences and backgrounds to our work and welcome all applicants for this dynamic position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Mission Trip Planning:
- Build on and improve Federation’s process for creating and maintaining an 18-24 month missions calendar, working with colleagues in Development and relevant program areas.
- Work with senior leadership directors to identify the mission chairs
- Outline missions goals, in alignment with JFSD and focused on building the Jewish identity for participants
- In coordination with Development and content experts, oversee the construction of each mission’s itinerary
- Build and oversee the mission invitation and registration process
- Collaborate with stakeholders to design and plan immersive mission trips to both local and international destinations.
- Manage all logistical aspects of the trips, including travel arrangements, accommodations, and activities.
- Ensure that mission trips align with the Jewish Federation's values and goals.
- Create all mission briefing materials.
- Communicate via social media on all mission trips.
- Develop and manage budgets for all immersive experiences, ensuring financial efficiency and adherence to allocated resources, with an annual overall mission/ program budget of approximately $500K+.
- Create innovative and culturally enriching experiences that engage donors with the Federation's mission.
- Develop a diverse range of immersive programs, including cultural events, workshops, and community engagement initiatives.
- Manage follow-up opportunities to promote community engagement and recruit for future travel.
- Keep an inventory of potential travel destinations and site visits for future planning.
- Support planning and implementing mega mission trips to Israel with partner agencies.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with participants and donors, understanding their interests and preferences to tailor experiences accordingly.
- Regularly communicate with DRMS (Donor Relations Management System)/ relevant donors to update them on upcoming programs and mission trips.
- Plan all pre-trip and follow-up gatherings.
- Work with JFNA, JDC Entwine and other partners to know about all relevant travel opportunities for San Diegans
- Manage recruitment strategies and timeline for travel opportunities.
Evaluation and Feedback:
- Collect feedback from donors and participants to continuously improve the quality and impact of immersive experiences.
- Provide reports and analysis to the Chief Marketing and Engagement officer and the Chief Advancement Officer on the effectiveness of each program.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., nonprofit management, hospitality, cultural studies).
- Demonstrated experience in program planning and management, in a nonprofit or community engagement context.
- Demonstrated experience in budget management in a non-profit organization, including vendor coordination and management in both domestic and international trip environments.
- Strong understanding of Jewish culture, traditions, and values is critical.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in project management software and tools.
- Flexibility and ability to travel for mission trips (domestic and international) as needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND EQUIPMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee must occasionally crouch, stoop, or reach. The employee must have the ability to travel and work weekends and evenings when needed (if applicable). This position is required to work onsite (with the ability to work from home on most Fridays). The ability to travel is a specific job requirement.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This is a full-time position, working onsite in San Diego, CA, with the ability to work from home on most Fridays.
Compensation range: $75,000 – 85,000 per year, with a generous benefits plan, retirement plan and comprehensive paid sick leave, vacation and 22 paid holidays per year.
Jewish Federation of San Diego County is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veterans’ status or any other protected category. Relocation assistance is not offered for this position. All qualified candidates must be able to provide proof of their ability to work in the United States.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and a cover letter outlining their qualifications and relevant experience to [email protected].