JewBelong is a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists, and activators, and we are passionate about the good that Judaism (secular and not) brings to the world. We founded JewBelong.com to significantly increase and strengthen the Jewish community by reaching the enormous population of Disconnected Jews (DJs) that many Jewish organizations leave behind. Our unique approach relies on broad, breakthrough advertising (out-of-home and digital) to target and engage DJs, and often their non-Jewish partners. Put simply, JewBelong is rebranding Judaism and building lasting connections by leading with “the good stuff.” We’re also on the frontlines of fighting the growing, vicious antisemitism in the United States and Canada with an international outdoor campaign.
About the Position:
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT SUPERSTAR! - Definition: A super-smart, resourceful, detail oriented, cheerful person with a true “can do” attitude who is an amazing writer, great with tech such as MS Office, Google Suite/Workspace, TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Zoom, etc. and is ready to roll up her/his sleeves!
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Here’s an idea of how you will spend much of your day, but flexibility and prioritization are key. We are a very small team and will rely on your willingness to switch gears as needed. The following is an overview but not an exhaustive list of responsibilities:
- Monitor one very busy MS Outlook InBox in real-time. Draft responses and respond to emails that do not require input accordingly. Keep track of what needs follow-up (this is where being an amazing writer comes in).
- Manage MS Outlook calendar for both professional and personal activities. Coordinate meetings in an efficient way (schedule video conference meetings via Zoom; recommend meeting locations and make reservations, etc.). Schedule travel as needed.
- Regularly update MS Outlook contacts with complete telephone and mailing address information. Add new contacts to the nonprofit’s email distribution list.
- Troubleshoot technology issues. The key here is being curious, patient, and self-motivated to try and resolve issues. Coordinate with outside technology support partners as necessary.
- Manage the coordination of webinars, speaking engagements, and other events (including ensuring audiovisual requirements are met for in-person events).
- Manage expenses and vendor payments, credit card statements, wire transfers, and donations for a nonprofit. Assist with personal expenses, personal credit card statements, and wire transfers as needed.
- Six+ years of executive assistant experience, or a combination of training, education, and experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities.
- You must be an exceptional writer. This means correct grammar, punctuation, and clear, logical writing 100% of the time.
- A can-do, professional attitude and enjoy being involved in a wide variety of projects. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work effectively under deadlines, and take direction.
- Technical fluency is a must. Interest in the latest technological advances is important. This will help you do your job as efficiently as possible and help keep us on top of our technological games as well. The more you can outsource to the latest app the better! Affinity for all technology, understanding of cloud-based systems, latest apps, security, and overall knowing how to make technology easier for us.
- Confidentiality, discretion, and trust are extremely important and are crucial to success.
- Ideally, you like dogs. We have two rescue dogs and are thinking of adopting a third.
Location and Hours:
Our offices are located in Manhattan’s West Village! Ideally, we are looking for someone to join us in our office Monday thru Friday, approximately 9:00 am until 6:00 pm ET with some flexibility needed outside of these hours.
JewBelong offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including, health, dental, vision, and PTO.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume to: [email protected] https://www.jewbelong.com/
Successful candidates must be able to pass a background check, and reference checks and be able to perform essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
JewBelong is a 501c3 company and an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law with respect to employment opportunities.