Chabad of Tribeca/Soho in downtown NYC is a warm and vibrant Jewish community organization catering to many young families and offering a wide variety of programs, services and events including a Preschool, Hebrew School, Synagogue, Summer Camp, Social Action programs, regular classes and events and more.
We are seeking a Director of Operations to begin immediately. The Director of Operations serves as an operational leader in the organization, oversees daily operations, provides administrative support, manages the scheduling and operations for both regular and seasonal classes and programs, maintains and improves upon internal systems, oversees budgets, orders, policies and procedures.
This position includes prep for board meetings, as well as maintaining various lists, on-line documents, newsletters, and databases. The Operations Manager will assist with organization billing functions, collecting and organizing routine paperwork, maintaining social media of the organization, updating monthly calendar and weekly email bulletins in addition to other tasks, as well as proactively seeking ways to create a more efficient and supportive organization.
Project Management: The Operations Manager will also aid in the planning, preparation and execution of monthly and weekly events, Shabbat & holiday celebrations as well as the development efforts of the organization.
The ideal candidate will focus relentlessly on creating high-quality operations systems and following through down to the smallest details. They must be a highly driven individual, passionate about community building with a warm character and exceptional integrity and thrive as part of a highly motivated, committed team.
- Excellent team player, with the willingness to be hands-on and do whatever it takes
- Strong project management skills to lead projects to successful completion
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Tremendous organizational skills and attention to detail
- Dedication to providing top-level customer service
- Demonstrates high integrity and confidentiality
- Proven tolerance for stress, ambiguity and fast pace, with demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize
- A positive, high-energy attitude and a drive for personal excellence
- Experience with Excel and MS office suite, Google Apps, Salesforce a plus
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Bachelor’s degree
To join our team, please send a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy to [email protected] Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Salary in the range of $60,000-$80,000.
Familiarity with Jewish observance, rituals, customs, and structure of worship services and synagogue dynamics