Note: Must live within a commutable distance of synagogue to work onsite when needed. This hybrid roles include 2-3 days/week onsite in the synagogue building.
• Maintain the needs of the office, sanctuary, and religious school.
• Upkeep and data entry for membership information through ShulCloud (reports, accounts receivable, etc.).
• Create and send out weekly emails to the community.
• Update documents and events on the Temple website.
• Manage registration for committees’ events/programs.
• Correspond with board and finance secretary on membership and synagogue finances.
• Prepare and send out membership mailings (including Yahrzeit mailings).
• Provide possible backup support for Religious School communications.
• Order and maintain supplies.
• Receive and document all payments, apply to corresponding budget lines.
• Process bills for payments to necessary vendors.
• Communicate events, classes and holidays via email and website.
• Assist with High Holy Days (Security, guest tickets, payments, etc.).
• Manage High Holy Days registration and payments.
• Distribute annual tax letters.
• Prior administrative experience within an office environment.
• Strong, demonstrable Microsoft Office skills.
• Expertise with ShulCloud, similar software, or an interest in learning it.
• Dependable, friendly, and detail-oriented.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Self-starter with the ability to set and achieve goals, work independently, prioritize, and take initiative to get the job done.