Young Judaea Israel Internships Recruiter
About Young Judaea Israel Internship Programs
For more than 40 years, young Jewish adults from around the world have been developing their careers, building community, and connecting with Israel through Young Judaea’s Israel internship programs. Whether through our five-month IsraelPro program (formerly known as WUJS) for college graduates or our two-month Amirim program for college-age participants, Young Judaea has brought thousands of participants between the ages of 19 and 32 for an unforgettable, career-building Israel experience.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Young Judaea Israel Internships Recruiter is our eyes and ears in the virtual space and on the ground, the go-to voice of Young Judaea internship programs in a range of communities. Their presence is intended to increase the overall participation of young Jewish adults in IsraelPro, a five-month internship program for college graduates, and Amirim, a two-month summer internship program mainly geared towards current college students. The position’s primary goals are to recruit and retain interns from around the world, and to grow Young Judaea’s reputation and presence as one of the top Masa Career program providers. The Israel Internships recruiter will have the flexibility and support to assume many roles, including that of leader, communicator, planner, innovator, customer service expert, and more.
The Young Judaea Israel Internships Recruiter is a full-time position with full benefits. The hours are variable, based on the recruitment season and needs of the position. Working from home part/full time is a possibility. The recruiter will focus their efforts on engaging and recruiting participants for Young Judaea’s IsraelPro and Amirim internship programs. The recruiter reports to the Director of Israel Programs North America and will be based in North America, though have the opportunity to work regularly with Israel-based program staff.
- Respond to new leads/initial inquiries with a timely and reasonable time frame, 12-24 hours.
- Hold regular online info sessions/webinars on a fixed schedule.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of Young Judaea Israel internships programming and registration logistics through ongoing contact with the Young Judaea Recruitment and Marketing team.
- Identify & network in target communities, developing and maintaining relationships with key partners, influencers, gatekeepers, and prospects.
- Generate and qualify leads
- Plan, coordinate and organize individual information sessions and webinars for potential participants
- Ongoing follow-up with community contacts and potential participants
- Identify advertising, sponsorship and publicity opportunities and coordinating these opportunities with the marketing department
- Travel to local and national conferences, fairs, colleges/universities, YJ programming, and events for recruitment and marketing purposes
- Duration: Full-time, optional work from home-North American based
- Benefits: Paid vacation, sick leave, medical, 403b, leave early for shabbat and holidays
- Preferred Experience: Sales/recruitment experience (0-5 years), knowledge of Israel and Israel Programs, experience with Young Judaea a plus but not a requirement
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $55,000, commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume/CV to Dafna Laskin.