Located in the heart of Florida, B’nai Israel has been the center of Jewish life for suburban Gainesville for almost a century. We are a full-service, Conservative synagogue that provides programming for all ages and backgrounds. For more information on our programs and services, visit our website at www.bnaigainesville.com.
Organization: Congregation B’nai Israel aims to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere where authentic Judaism may be practiced and where innovation, creativity and originality are encouraged. We are proud to be a part of the Conservative/ Masorti Movement. We strive to enrich our community through education, opportunities for prayer and spiritual growth and acts of loving-kindness.
Position: Full Time
40 Hours/ Week
Must be available night and weekends for programmatic events
Reports to the Rabbi and Executive Director
Skills: Attention to detail is a must.
Ability to interact with many people from preschool through adult.
Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds, bend, squat and twist.
Must be able to pass a federal background check.
Qualifications: Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Hebrew and Judaic Knowledge
Knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Office and basic design
Within our three pillars of excellence, B'nai Israel strives to provide strong religious and spiritual experiences, educational opportunities for all ages and enhance community relationship among and beyond the Jewish community. Our congregants play a vital role in making that happen--serving as the fundamental core of what we do and how we do it. We have a congregation made up of people who are dedicated, generous and full of heart to make our synagogue the best that it can be. The ideal candidate will accomplish the following in support of our ritual, educational and engagement initiatives:
- Instruct day school students and staff on basic brachot.
- Instruct students and staff blessings appropriate to holidays.
- Along with the rabbi, coordinate a minimum of 3 youth interactive Shabbat programs, along with a monthly Friday night program.
- Work with day school director and executive director to implement a child learning program during High Holidays and other holiday family programs.
- Implement religious school curriculum and instruct staff on how to achieve curriculum goals.
- Manage and supervise all religious school staff, including recruiting, hiring and if necessary firing of any staff members.
- Implement a procedure for recording student information, including registration, tuition and attendance.
- Supervise during class time the students and staff.
- Work with B’nai Mitzvah Coordinator to guide preparation for Bar and Bat mitzvahs.
- Work with rabbi, executive director and day school director to implement formal and informal learning opportunities for youth at most synagogue events.
- Serve as a resource to day school staff regarding holidays and general Judaism.
- Create take home crafts or run an event/program for Hanukkah and Passover.
- Design and execute weekly lesson plans appropriate for religious school and preschool early childhood.
- Prepare all Jewish programming for day school, ages 1-4.
- Be aware of budgetary considerations and work with day school director and executive director on all financial matters.
- Manage zoom links and scheduling for all students weekly Hebrew lessons.
- Act as an ambassador for the B’nai Israel community. As such, all interaction with staff, students, parents and others are expected to be cordial and professional.
- Gather resources for parents about Judaism
- Attend and assist with Jewish programming, both family and school programs.
- Work on a transition plan for students to engage in youth groups, Kadima and USY following their Bar or Bat mitzvah.
- Work on a transition plan for students to engage in religious school following their participation in the day school.
- Work with families to prepare for upcoming simchas
- Design 2-3 youth social events that encompass Chavaya and Youth Groups.
- Coordinate with surrounding regional chapters to engage our youth groups with surrounding communities.
If interested, please submit cover letter, resume and references to Jenifer Petrescu at [email protected].