Congregation Agudas Achim is a synagogue (affiliated with the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism; USCJ) located on the Dell Jewish Community Campus in Austin. We are a registered 501©3, non-profit organization.
We are seeking:
- A dynamic individual to support our vibrant and robust education community.
- A motivated, self-directed problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- An enthusiastic, outgoing, and warm individual who strives for excellence.
- A self-aware individual with high emotional intelligence who has experience in one-to-one relationship development.
The Education and Engagement Coordinator will support the daily operations of the Youth & Education Departments (Religious School, Youth Engagement), Adult Education, and B’nei Mitzvah. The ideal candidate will be able to fulfill both positions, though we are willing to consider them as two separate roles.
This position reports directly to the Director of Youth Education and Associate Rabbi.
This is a full-time position and does require non-traditional hours (including evenings, weekends, and Jewish Holidays). Working hours will be determined depending on the needs of current classes and events each week and coordinated effectively to ensure a healthy work-life balance.
Essential Job Functions
- Will serve as the first line of contact for the Education department (Religious School, Adult Education and Youth Programming), representing the organization in a professional and courteous manner.
- Coordinate essential office functions and administrative support for the education department, including but not limited to: answering phone calls and emails, purchasing supplies, and putting together resource binders for students of all ages (attendance, registration, and other tasks).
- Communicate with CAA staff to keep all offices updated on the education and youth calendars and programs, facility needs and to take appropriate action, including set-up and facility needs.
- Zoom administration.
- Be an ambassador for CAA.
- Other duties as assigned or required to ensure the smooth running of the Education programs.
- Manage book and supply orders and keep record of receipts and invoices.
- Record and recognize donations made to school funds and tzedakah.
- Manage and organize grade-level lesson plans and materials, class and staff rosters.
- Manage confidential information, such as student registration (both youth and adult), special needs information and camperships.
- Support staff by making and preparing copies and gathering materials for teachers.
- Assist Director of Youth Education in planning and facilitating CAARS teacher and teen orientations, trainings, and meetings.
- Create and publicize youth education registration materials.
- Teach, lead, and substitute in programs as needed.
- Purchase teacher and class supplies.
- In consultation with the Associate Rabbi, create each term’s schedule of offerings.
- In consultation with the Associate Rabbi, partner with the CAA’s Communications Coordinator to promote offerings within CAA and the larger Austin community.
- Be the primary point of contact for adult education faculty for all administrative needs, including recruitment of staff and potential students.
- Create and provide teachers with zoom links and/or appropriate room reservations.
- Communicate with CAA facilities to ensure any in-person classes are set-up as needed.
- Serve as Youth Advisor, working with CAA’s Youth Groups -Chaverim (K-5th) -Gesher (6-8th) -USY (9th-12th)
- Assist USY board planning and implementing events.
- Gather opinions from youth to create and implement successful youth events.
- Chaperone all regional youth events when CAA youth also attend, even if it conflicts with CAARS.
- Coordinate transportation to events when necessary.
- Communicate with parents about events and opportunities for youth engagement locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Collaborating with other youth groups in town (i.e: TABSY, JCC Youth/BBYO, CBI).
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in Jewish education and informal Jewish youth settings preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Basic knowledge of Hebrew, Jewish practices, and holidays preferred
- Experience or ability to learn digital communications tools (Constant Contact, Canva, Zoom)
- Knowledge of MS Office/Google programs, ShulCloud (a plus)
- Ability to partner with volunteers and lay leadership
- Ability to work as part of a dedicated, nimble team
- Positive communication style and customer service-oriented attitude
- Exercise independent judgment and problem-solving skills to resolve administrative challenges
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality
- A strong, collaborative working style and work ethic
- Skilled multi-tasker, project manager, and creative problem solver
- Strong organizational skills
- Eager, enthusiastic, warm, outgoing personality
- Passionate about learning, Judaism/Jewish life and education, and creating sacred moments
- Skilled in relationship development and establishing rapport with different individuals; Flexible, adaptable and able to work with an array of stakeholders
- Education Coordinator; Salary $45,000; Youth Engagement: Salary $5,000
- Health, dental, and vision insurance contributions
- Competitive PTO, and family leave plans
- Paid holidays