Elementary School Judaic Studies and Hebrew Educational Assistant
We are a K-8 Jewish Day School in the Pico-Robertson area of Los Angeles committed to growing student academic and social-emotional skills, seeking a Judaic Studies Educational Assistant for the 2022-2023 school year, beginning August 19.
The ideal Educational Assistant is a thoughtful and committed elementary school educator who is energized by our warm, collaborative environment. Educational Assistants are expected to work with a lead teacher in close collaboration within a grade-level team to implement a high-quality, rigorous and engaging academic program.
Educational Assistants are role models and should act in accordance with the mission statement and values of the school throughout their tenure at the school. Educational Assistants are responsible for these job functions whether teaching in-person or teaching online/from a distance.
Responsibilities of the Educational Assistant will include, but are not limited to:
- Support the lead teacher in creating an in-person and/or online classroom environment that encourages learning.
- Perform various instructional and classroom management duties to support a positive learning environment.
- Assist lead teacher with behavior management strategies to ensure a suitable learning environment is established, both in the classroom (online or in-person) and on school grounds (recess and lunchtime).
- Help to create and maintain a functional and attractive learning environment through multimodal displays, bulletin boards, and high-interest centers.
- Cooperate with other professionals to help students solve academic, social, and emotional challenges.
- Supervise students in and out of classroom activities during the school day.
- Implement an educational program that meets the learning needs of all students.
Preferred Skills and Experiences:
- Some experience teaching in elementary school or other high-quality educational settings.
- Demonstrate ability to act as a team player and operate with a deep sense of personal responsibility.
- Demonstrate commitment to students and their academic achievement.
- Ability to effectively manage and instruct both small and large groups of students.
- Exhibit an ability to work with children in a caring and respectful manner in order to create a joyful, caring classroom environment whether in person or online.
Required Educational Background and Work Experience:
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with children in elementary school in a General Studies and/or Judaic Studies classroom.
- Bachelor’s degree or on-track to earn a Bachelor’s degree.
- Good Hebrew reading, writing, and speaking skills.
Candidates with long-term teaching interest and those pursuing teaching credentials are preferred, but not required.
- Job Type: Full-time
- 7:45 AM to 3:45 PM Monday through Thursday
- 7:45 AM to 2:45 PM Friday
- Sick and Personal Days
- Health Benefits
- Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour