Program Manager, Summer Excelerator/Rewired (NYU)
NYU Bronfman Center
The Summer Excelerator/Rewired Program Manager is responsible for administering the application process, working with NYU Summer Programs (and other NYU offices), recruiting participants and placement sites, facilitating the matching process between interns and employers, communicating with interns and placement site staff, liaising with guest speakers, implementing assessment/evaluation, grant reporting, managing program logistics, and ensuring compliance with all NYU policies and guidelines. Depending on the applicant pool, the Program Manager might be responsible for managing the Lead Educator and other staff associated with the program.
Summer Excelerator is a competitive summer internship program for teens in the NYC area. Funded in partnership with UJA-Federation of New York, teens get valuable work experience as well as spend time as a cohort developing their Jewish identity and honing their leadership skills.
This is a part-time, hourly (20-30 hours/week), seasonal role through September 1, 2022. Graduate students are encouraged to apply.
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- 0 - 2 years of professional work experience.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit. Things may not always go according to plan and you must be willing to take risks and learn from wins as well as losses.
- Confidence and competence initiating and running programs, and comfortable asking questions.
- Ability to collaborate across teams both inside and outside of Hillel and communicate effectively across multiple stakeholder groups.
- Creative problem-solving.
What You’ll Receive
- Competitive compensation in the nonprofit marketplace, commensurate with experience.
- The opportunity to work with a team of highly-motivated, creative, smart staff members committed to Jewish community building, leadership development, and transformative learning.
- Top-notch professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities.
- Experience directing a competitive teen internship program.
About the Bronfman Center
In 1996, the Edgar M. Bronfman Center for Jewish Student Life was founded at New York University as a home for Jewish students and a Jewish center for the whole university. As NYU has become a global network university, with 14 campuses worldwide, the Bronfman Center has become a global platform for encounter and innovation, broadening our influence to Jewish communities all over the world.
- the voices of Jewish young adults
- the depth of Jewish tradition and its legacy of questioning,
- the intellectual and global resources of NYU,
- the energy of New York City,
the Bronfman Center is an inclusive home, interweaving students, scholars, and community partners who enhance their lives and the world around them through transformative learning and action.
The Bronfman Center strives to be:
- A home for Jewish students, and a Jewish center for the whole of New York University.
- A model member of influential networks of counterpart institutions, including Hillels, New York Jewish organizations, and NYU departments.
- An incubator of ideas which enhances Jewish communal thinking, confronts core issues, and translates them into trainings for lay and professional leaders.
- A leading partner in civic and Jewish life in Lower Manhattan.
- A New York counterpart to global Jewish communities
The Bronfman Center is a department of New York University. See more at www.bronfmancenter.org.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
The Bronfman Center is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.
More about Summer Excelerator/Rewired
The Bronfman Center for Jewish Student Life at NYU runs two summer programs for teens - Summer Excelerator and Rewired.
Summer Excelerator is a six-week internship program. Teens intern Tuesdays through Thursdays and meet with the cohort on Mondays and Fridays for professional, leadership, and Jewish identity development. The summer begins with a two day Orientation, culminates in a cohort-led and created Shabbaton, and celebrates the summer with a Closing Ceremony open to parents, supervisors, and Bronfman Center stakeholders. Summer Excelerator completed its first summer program in 2019 and successfully transitioned the program to a virtual format for summer 2020 and 2021. For summer 2022, we anticipate working with 20 interns and returning to an in-person format.
Rewired is a six-week professional, leadership, and Jewish identity development program. Weekly, participants complete asynchronous and virtual learning modules that cover a range of topics, including managing up & design thinking. They also receive coaching from Bronfman Center staff. We anticipate working with 40 teens.