Brandeis University is delighted to announce a career opportunity as the Sr. Department Coordinator, Hadassah Brandeis Institute (HBI). If you are looking for an opportunity to work at a beautiful suburban campus with lots of perks including free parking, look no further. At Brandeis we offer a competitive benefits and compensation package which includes medical, dental and life insurances. We also offer a generous paid time off benefit including 15+ holidays, an optional winter break and a flexible schedule in the summer. If you are looking to advance your career through educational opportunities, Brandeis offers free tuition for employees, dependents and spouses. Our 403b retirement savings plan includes a generous match.
The Hadassah-Brandeis Institute is seeking a HBI Senior Department Coordinator to become a key component of our administrative team.
This is a full time position. The annual salary for this position is $52,000.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume/CV through the Brandeis Univeristy, Careers at Brandeis portal.
The Hadassah-Brandeis Institute is a research center that focuses on developing and promoting scholars of and scholarship at the intersection of Jewish Studies and Women’s and Gender Studies. We work with people at every stage of their career, from undergraduate interns to established senior scholars. The new staff member will join a team of friendly and collaborative administrators, scholars and faculty who are dedicated to our mission and have the opportunity to learn about and support new research in the field. The Senior Department Coordinator reports to both the assistant director for administration and the director of the Institute.
Job Summary: With minimal direction, performs a wide variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Assignments are varied, and include routine to complex, nuanced administrative duties. Supports day-to-day departmental operations, assigned projects and events. Applies an in-depth knowledge of University contacts, processes and procedures.
- Acts as a front-line resource to respond to questions about departmental operations, databases or projects, or assignments, applying in-depth knowledge of University contacts, processes and procedures. Establishes and builds positive working relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Coordinates and schedules a wide variety of nuanced, high impact in person and online meetings and events, with responsibility for all related logistics and production and distribution of minutes with minimal direction. Provides technical support for zoom meetings and events. Maintains calendars. Requires occasional weekends and/or evening hours.
- Independently provides complex administrative support for a variety of projects, using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Office and other applications to generate reports, summaries and presentations.
- Performs a variety of administrative duties, e.g., overseeing logistics for onboarding visiting scholars; ordering supplies, coordinating space; processing payments, making business travel arrangements, tracking and submitting expenses for reimbursement, support for courses and speaking engagements, assisting in submission of materials to foundations and donors and other targeted audiences with minimal direction.
- Maintains appropriate logs and databases to track information, e.g., reports, email responses, expenses, etc.
- May serve as a point person to vendors for creation, information and distribution of information.
- May assist in providing day-to-day direction and assistance to student workers.
- Performs other assignments as needed.
Work Experience: 3-5 years