At Luria Academy of Brooklyn (www.luria-academy.org), we are inspiring a new generation of leaders, creators, thinkers and engaged citizens. Our two campuses serve 300 students in preschool through 8th grade. Luria offers a sophisticated Jewish day school education in a progressive environment. Our students come from a wide range of religious and economic backgrounds. At Luria, students are encouraged to be curious, to embrace one another’s differences and to engage in respectful dialogue. At Luria, we focus on the whole child; as such, our educators develop learning experiences that support and challenge each student. We track student progress using standards based assessment and grading practices.
We are seeking a passionate and collaborative teacher to join our Elementary General Studies team. Essential duties include: (1) executing maternity leave lessons and preparation of materials, (2) classroom instruction with an eye towards differentiated and progressive practices with ongoing student assessment and feedback; (3) regular communication with parents (4) active participation in pedagogy and best practices.
Successful candidates will possess a growth mindset, emotional intelligence, self-motivation, curiosity and openness to new ideas, excellent oral and written communication skills, and comfort in a school setting where children’s learning and experiences are central to educational decisions.
- Teach Kindergarten and First Grade math and language arts
- Differentiate instruction for a diverse group of learners in a progressive setting
- Deliver curriculum using backward design
- Assess student learning and create evidence-based goals
- Master’s Degree or in process of
- Training in Special Education preferred
- Minimum 3 years of teaching experience
- Strong pedagogical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Creative and dynamic educator
Please send a resume and cover letter that outlines your experience and interest in joining the Luria community to: Dana Keil, Lower School Director of Teaching and Learning, [email protected]