Temple Emunah – Rabbinical Executive Administrator
Overview of the position:
Hours: 8 hours a day, with flex time to allow for some evening meetings and occasional urgent work that may arise during off-hours. The workday will end before Shabbat begins on Fridays and before sunset on holidays. Hours can be somewhat flexible, as agreed upon with a later start on some mornings and some days work remotely, etc. There will be a few special events that will take place on evenings, Shabbatot, and/or holidays.
Overview of the Institution:
Temple Emunah is a dynamic, engaging, inclusive, and welcoming congregational family. We build Jewish identity through learning and praying together, caring for each other and the larger community, and working to create an enduring Jewish community. Temple Emunah welcomes the participation of interfaith couples and families and people of all abilities, backgrounds, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, and gender identities.
This position will work mainly with the rabbis and the main office.
- Coordinate with Rabbi to set priorities for the rabbinic suite and schedule.
- Coordinate rabbinic calendars, services, appointments, and meetings.
- Create a welcoming atmosphere in the rabbinic suite (whether in person or virtually) so people’s pastoral, spiritual, and social needs are met.
- Maintain a filing system and an organized office.
- Draft correspondence and help edit and post sermons and eulogies as needed.
- Provide support for publicity efforts with notices through Constant Contact as needed.
- Provide support for lifecycle management:
- Speak with those who have pastoral needs - births, weddings, illness, death, and coordinate follow through with the rabbis and lay volunteers including bereavement chairs.
- Update the shul database (Shulcloud).
- Coordinate the B’nei Mitzvah process; communicate with families, arrange meetings, appointments, etc.
- Process memorial plaque orders, coordinate annual dedications, etc.
- Prepare materials for rabbinical programs and lifecycle events.
- Utilize our current software for pastoral tracking in Asana and help us determine if we should utilize a different platform.
- Liaise with other staff as needed including Executive Director, Manager of Programming Director of Media, Temple Administrator, Synagogue Educators, Preschool Director, Young Family Outreach Specialist, and the Accounting Manager.
- Proof bulletin articles, sermons, and eulogies for Rabbi.
- Post sermons to Rabbis Times of Israel Blog.
- Preparation of weekly Shabbat docs.
- Run Shulcloud queries for yahrzeits, birthdays, and anniversaries.
- Prepare honors sheet and Gabbai sheet from Daveners google sheet.
- Prepare yahrzeit sheet from Shulcloud database.
- Produce weekly Shofar (incl. yahrzeits and birthdays from Shulcloud report) and Events page of Temple website.
- Maintain mishebeyrakh list.
- Other support as needed.
- Help with donor maintenance, stewardship, and communication.
- Plan and support the annual Florida trip and our Shavuot recognition event for sustaining members.
- Implement our pledging planned giving program.