Congregation Agudath Israel
The Development Associate is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing several of Congregation Agudath Israel’s fundraising initiatives, including annual fund and engagement events. The Development Associate will work in close partnership with and support the synagogue’s Development Committee in efforts related to Major Gifts.
- Manage and hold responsibility for a pipeline of Annual Fund donors ($2,500 and under), both new and existing donors, with a focus on increasing gifts from this group of donors.
- Support growth of our major gifts program by attending weekly Development Committee meetings. Prepare for and participate in Development Committee meetings and provide regular and current lists for leadership.
- Manage Annual Fund Lay Leadership solicitation assignments
- Oversee and “own” ShulCloud development features
Implement ShulCloud fundraising module
Determine what reports lay leaders need to craft development strategy, and develop a schedule for producing reports
Produce any additional reports needed to understand regular (monthly, quarterly, annual) development progress against goals
Oversee and support solicitor portal
Maintain data and oversee data maintenance needs
- Work with staff to provide weekly donor reports (dollars raised that week), review and ensure accurate recording in ShulCloud and provide to Development Committee for most current fundraising data
Manage all major campaign administration
Organize meetings, prepare reports, oversee materials production, plan and execute events, support campaign committee and solicitors, oversee acknowledgement, pledges, and stewardship, help plan and execute Direct mail, crowdfunding, Aliyahs
- Work closely with the entire CAI team to ensure coordination between fundraising efforts and other community happenings
- Oversee prospect research
- Collaborate with other professional staff
- Oversee creation of marketing materials and collateral to support fundraising activities
- Expand gift recognition programs for various giving levels.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Establish and maintain routines around data recording and follow up.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- 2 years minimum experience in professional fundraising or similar field. ? Salary commensurate with experience.
- Flexible schedule and opportunity for remote work.