For more than 40 years, San Diego Jewish Academy
(SDJA) has been a leader in preschool to 12th grade education. SDJA inspires and supports students with personalized and innovative learning while nurturing Jewish values. Students and graduates are leaders and positive changemakers in their local communities and all over the world. At SDJA, students receive personalized attention and engage in academics that challenge and inspire. With a mission to further Academic Excellence, Social Responsibility, and Active Jewish Living, SDJA aims to shape the foundation of our future thinkers, creators, and community leaders by blending modern education with greater purpose and meaning.
SDJA seeks an Associate Director of Annual Campaigns and Grants to join the school’s advancement team. Reporting to the Director of Advancement (DoA), the Associate Director of Annual Campaigns and Grants will oversee and implement the team’s annual fund plans and manage the current grant portfolio. The successful candidate will be an experienced annual fundraiser and grant writer who is highly organized, able to effectively manage multiple priorities and understands fundraising tactics to engage and raise funds from multiple constituency groups. The SDJA team environment is highly collaborative and seeks a team member who enjoys partnering internally with colleagues, faculty and administrators, as well as externally with lay leaders, donors, parents, grandparents, and alumni to support SDJA’s growth.
Annual Campaign Management
Develop strategy, manage implementation and prepare communications/materials for annual campaign which includes events and appeals such as 8 Days of Giving, parent captain program, and LYBUNT/SYBUNT appeals
Oversee the process for budget reconciliation reports and monthly/quarterly reconciliation reports
Manage the database and its operations (Raiser’s Edge preferred)
Oversee donor recognition campus structures including updating donor pillars for all legacy and capital/major campaign gifts
Cultivate and manage a portfolio of donor relationships and conduct personal solicitations for high-level annual fund donors
Work with the DoA to forecast growth via major gifts pipeline management
Create the following advancement collateral including content development and oversee design elements for: website giving pages updates, gift acknowledgement letters, the annual report, donor newsletters, annual fund giving societies, annual campaign videos, stewardship collateral and a variety of printed materials
Grant Writing and Management
Write advancement grants, manage current grants and future grant opportunities and liaises between the business office as it relates to reconciling grant expenditures and obtaining budget items needed for grant reporting and applications.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 3-5 years of experience with annual campaign management, grant writing and fundraising experience (independent school, college, or university preferred)
- Comprehensive understanding of annual giving and how it relates to the broader development plans and objectives
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks appropriately
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Goal-oriented and proactive
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact well with a variety of people, handle time-sensitive and multiple tasks simultaneously, be self-motivated, and works well in a team environment
- Experience with Blackbaud database / NXT, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Docs
- Ability to create reports, analyze and synthesize data
- Understanding of Jewish values and possess a passion for SDJA’s mission
Salary is competitive with market.
Equal Opportunity Statement
SDJA encourages applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ+ community and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.