Director, Torah West
Torah West is a new collaborative initiative among the Lower Mainland’s Orthodox Jewish institutions to revitalize and grow the region’s Orthodox Jewish community through active recruitment and support of new families to the region, and strengthening existing programs and resources for the retention of local Orthodox families.
We are seeking an energetic and dynamic individual to grow the Torah West initiative by implementing strategies and gathering resources to attract new families and support existing families to fully participate in Orthodox Jewish community life. This full time position will be situated within the Jewish Federation of Greater Vancouver’s global and engagement department,
The Director will be responsible for implementing the strategic goals of Torah West by raising the profile of the Lower Mainland Jewish community, highlighting the resources available to orthodox families, establishing connections with national and international orthodox organizations, developing relationships with the appropriate government and not-for-profit agencies to facilitate the immigration process; and working with local agencies and employers to support these families when they arrive and settle in metro Vancouver.
- Design and implement a viable marketing strategy including managing the Torah West website and launching a social media campaign;
- Connect with Jewish communities nationally and internationally to identify interested families;
- Work with the BC Provincial Nominee Program and appropriate agencies to identify preferred occupations for newcomers;
- Provide interested candidates with relevant information about the Greater Vancouver Orthodox community;
- Develop an inventory of potential employment opportunities, through interactions with organizations, companies and businesses within the Jewish and broader communities;
- Assist prospective families with the immigrant and settlement process;
- Work with participating institutions to identify programs and services to help support Orthodox families to remain in the Lower Mainland; and
- Administer incentives to support newcomer and local families to fully participate in the Orthodox community.
The ideal candidate is committed to building a strong vibrant Orthodox community; has knowledge and experience facilitating community-based initiatives; is passionate about meeting people and building relationships; and, is able to manage multiple projects. He/she is organized, a self starter and motivated to achieve results
Applicants should have a minimum of three years working experience, a deep knowledge of Orthodox Jewish values and traditions, and is proficient in using various social media platforms. He/she must have a valid driver’s licence and be willing to work some evenings and weekends.
Interested in applying?
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] by January 21/2022.
Only candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.